PT vs OV, what would you do?

teddy'sgirl

DH and I are booked on the Elation for next Thursday on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. We booked a PT room with past guest rate. Pack and Go specials today have OV room for $20 less pp. So would you give up the PT room for a Pack and Go OV room? I'm really not fond of the aft of the ship and really afraid we'll end up with an aft room otherwise location doesn't bother me. So what would you do? Thanks!

DH and I are booked on the Elation for next Thursday on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. We booked a PT room with past guest rate. Pack and Go specials today have OV room for $20 less pp. So would you give up the PT room for a Pack and Go OV room? I'm really not fond of the aft of the ship and really afraid we'll end up with an aft room otherwise location doesn't bother me. So what would you do? Thanks!

I am a fan of the PT rooms on the Fantasy class ships. BUT for $20 PP, I would likely make the switch depending on which deck you are on now. I like being on Empress on this class of ship as well.

Tough choice if they give you that option....

I am a fan of the PT rooms on the Fantasy class ships. BUT for $20 PP, I would likely make the switch depending on which deck you are on now. I like being on Empress on this class of ship as well.

Tough choice if they give you that option....

We're booked on the Main deck. This will be our 3rd cruise, our first without the kids! We've had both an interior and OV room both on Riviera deck before. I'm leaning toward calling my PVP. We also have orders with Bon Voyage and reservations with the Chef's Table. How big of a pain will it be if we change rooms at this stage of the game? UGH! This is why I don't normally check rates after I book but I just HAD to look today! LOL :rolleyes:

OP-

It's $40, probably not that much in the grand scheme of your vacation budget, so you need to do what makes you and your Hubby happy! I know if it were me and my Hubs I would upgrade to the larger window of the OV room. We don't mind porthole cabins, but we much prefer the more sweeping views provided by the OV window (and better yet a Balcony!)

One thing to keep in mind about the PT canin- they are at the very front of the ship and can be NOISY when pulling into and leaving port... If you enjoy sleeping in or napping in the afternoon on port days you may want to reconsider your location!

Have a blast and enjoy your cruise!

Archived