When is the best time to book Azamara?

walkerspt

We have cruised RCC, Celebrity and Oceania and have enjoyed them all. We have heard good things about Azamara and would like to try them Does anyone have any tips on when and how to book Azamara to get the most benefit, including cruise price, airfare, canin credit, etc. Is early booking better, or late or any other suggestions?

We usually are not concerned about having a particular cabin. We'd just like to get the best value for our money so we can afford to cruise even more.

has been the earlier, the better. Azamara is VERY popular because of their fine food and superior service. And the small "R" ships are very popular. The cabins seem to fill up very early (these ships only carry about 690 passengers) and there are not usually any significant discounts at the last minute (i.e. the last few weeks prior to sailing). You could get lucky, but that has not been our observation. ---- Penny

From everything I've read here, I'd say the opposite unless they're having a booking promotion. Keep an eye on available cabins and if they start getting tight then I'd book. Azamara's site only shows 3 cabins in each category, some online sites show up to 15.

We have cruised RCC, Celebrity and Oceania and have enjoyed them all. We have heard good things about Azamara and would like to try them Does anyone have any tips on when and how to book Azamara to get the most benefit, including cruise price, airfare, canin credit, etc. Is early booking better, or late or any other suggestions?

We usually are not concerned about having a particular cabin. We'd just like to get the best value for our money so we can afford to cruise even more.

Hi Walkerspt !

Your question is an excellent one, but I do not believe there's a definitive answer. As Nutriosotoo mentioned, Azamara's ships are much smaller than the mainstream lines, carrying 694 Guests. By waiting, you run the risk of availability & price increases. If cabin location is not critical, you can always gamble, and hope for price drops, but it's a very tough call. Cabin location is important to us, so we would not take that gamble, but the decision is up to you.

I also suggest checking Azamara's website for promotions, and registering to receive email promotions from Azamara. Here's a link to Register : https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/emailOffers/home.do;jsessionid=?cS=MiddleFooter . I hope this helps. Good luck !

From everything I've read here, I'd say the opposite unless they're having a booking promotion. Keep an eye on available cabins and if they start getting tight then I'd book. Azamara's site only shows 3 cabins in each category, some online sites show up to 15.

I agree with Cruise Junky - AZ do not tend to sell out as quickly as Oceania, but you do need to keep an eye on availability as you may find that you are looking at a particularly popular cruise so you will need to book.

I am looking at a repositioning cruise Singapore/Mumbai in 2012 which historically have not sold out quickly so am prepared to wait.

If there are work or other constraints that make only one sailing possible then you may want to just book it and know that you will having a fabulous time rather than worrying whether you will get a booking at all.

Archived