Brenda's 15th cruise!!!!!

wizard-of-roz

For those of you who just have the curious factor and rather than post this on "Cruising With A Service Dog" and, have it be lost on the last page. I'm starting a new thread for all of YOU who ask me the myriad of questions; who don't wheel or walk through life with one of these amazing hero's and who are curious about them.

Some of the questions I get EVERY TIME I cruise. And, we do it a lot. Are.......

How'd you get that dog onboard?

Where does she go to the bathroom?

When does she eat and what?

Why does she just lay under the table and not move?

How much do you have to pay to bring her onboard?

Do you have to pay for a seat on the airline?

Will she bite me?

I've had folks who will lay on the floor, next to her just to be in her presence. [i can't say I blame them.] I know they're missing their own furbabies and, I "get it!"

I'm very outgoing and friendly and, I love to make NEW friends so I allow for the "pat" and sitting and laying with her. I don't mind it at all and, if she were working I'd simply ask if you can allow me to give her a command to "release" from work.....she'll more at ease.

I've had some negative experiences with her onboard a cruise [but, they're few and far between.] I totally understand the person who doesn't like dogs, or who is allergic. I will move her away from them, they're very obvious when I'm walking towards them or when they jump out of their seat at the dining table and refuse to eat at the table "with a dog!"

If you're curious about me and my dog and want to know more please don't hesitate to ask. There may be some "personal" questions that I will not answer, please understand, keeping some anonymity is a good thing.

But, telling about the what's/where's and how's in reference to these dogs/the folks who walk or wheel with them and, especially educating the public about who they are and what they do is my pleasure.

No questions--just congratulations to Brenda on her 15th cruise! She's been on more cruises than I have :(

Kathi

Thank you so much! She's a wonderful traveler [this was very important to me when I first applied to CCI], I really wanted a dog that traveled well, in every means of transportation. And, she does.

No matter where we go Brenda can bring a smile to the face of a child or an adult faster than anyone. She's a happy, loving, caring and hard working "smile maker!"

I work in a building where there are lots of children and senior citizens. Brenda encourages the crying child to stop and stare or the sad faced holocaust survivor to linger a while for a pat and get a "fur snuggle" from her. She's better than medicine!

If I saw a valid service dog in the dining room I would ask to move to that table, not away from it. About the second day on ship I start to miss having my pets around. You get into habit patterns with them and miss the interaction.

If I saw a valid service dog in the dining room I would ask to move to that table, not away from it. About the second day on ship I start to miss having my pets around. You get into habit patterns with them and miss the interaction.

And, it's wonderful people just like you who will come over and ask if they can "pat" her. Brenda loves it. And, I love the people who adore dogs.

I am not lost on the emotions that are being triggered by her. I can't even imagine my life without her......in every aspect of it.

I think about what did I do before I met her 8 1/2 years ago? Well, whatever I did, I sure didn't do it with the grace and love that I do today. She fills my soul!!!!!!!

Archived