Royal Palms at Spring Break

SACruise96

I will be visiting Cayman in March as part of the Carnival Freedom. We are looking for a beach to relax at during the day. I had settled on Royal Palms because I thought my 3 year old would like the pool. However, some reviews said that this area turns into more of a high school/college party during spring break. Has anyone visited during this time of year? I just want to make sure it will be an appropriate place for my preschooler and my parents. Or if I should consider paying for a day pass at the Marriott instead? Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on another post that the pool area is restricted to those 18 years old and above (as stated on their website). I was thinking of going there because of the pool also (for my 5 year old) but I guess that idea is out now.

• 1 month later...

Do you remember the prices of the foo- foo drinks? Since you were there in March was the pool water warm? Can you walk down to the other restaurants just to see what they are like from the Royal Palms?

We just went to Royal Palms 2 weeks ago. The beach was nice but the lounge chairs were so hard - I found them very uncomfortable to sit on and wouldn't go back there just because of that :eek: And yes there was a minimum age to use the pool area...I think it was 18

..so just like hard plastic chairs? no pads on them I guess? Did they provide towels? or did you bring one off the ship?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wow - those waves look amazing!! Did you go into the water? (and were the beach chairs very uncomfortable? :D)

Well we stayed on the beach because it was a very windy day so we made the best of it. We brought our own towels and sat on the beach it was great. They have outside showers to rinse off with no charge. We also would goto the bar and get snaks and a beer. :D

Archived