Amsterdam hotel

hello,

we will be doing post cruise stay in amsterdam with a 4 year old. we will be doing cruise in june, and i am trying to book hotel, would any of you recommend a good budget hotel close to central train station/ or city center (close to major attractions). maybe the one that has the same price 2 adults + 4 year old toddler? or maybe someone can recommend a hotel where we can reserve the room for 2 adults and sneak in our 4 year old with us unnoticed :))))) since she will be sleeping with one of us anyway. (for example, something like holiday inn in usa, where one can go and check in and then the hotel is big enough and they don't even notice that you have an extra 1/2 person with you :))))))) it just the minute i enter 4 year old in reservation price is almost double or room is not available. please help!!!!!!!!!

Remember that hotelrooms in Europe are often much smaller then those in the USA. Sometimes there is just enough room for 2 adults, sometimes also with 2 separate beds.

On the other hand often kids under a certain age stay free.

Around CS there are plenty hotels in all price ranges,

check and google for their website e.g.

Bellevue, Ibis Centraal Station (rather small rooms), Le Coin (more downtown-but they have familyrooms), Brouwer, Prins Hendrik, Inntel.

I have not actually been to Amsterdam yet but I had the same issue with my kids. I wanted to put 4 in the same room. The only place I found that would accomodate us in this situation was the Amsterdam Marriot. Certainly not a budget hotel pricewise but I believe it is well situated and offers rooms with 2 double beds.

• 3 weeks later...

The Amsterdam Marriott sounds like it may be a good option for those with kids. I am having a hard time finding rooms that fit 4 in Amsterdam. Most hotels don't have them, or if they do, they charge double! At 170 Euros for 4 people in July, this hotel might work for us.

Archived