OH NO, say it isnt SO MORE FOG IN GALVESTON!!

WE sail tomorrow on Ecstasy and I just recieved this email . I really wont sleep tonight!!:eek::(:eek:

CARNIVAL ECSTASY

2/24/2011 DEPARTURE

IMPORTANT WEATHER UPDATE

February 23, 2011

Hello y'all,

The Galveston area is currently experiencing heavy fog and the port is closed. Since this may delay the arrival of the ship, for your comfort and convenience, please visit Carnival.com and enter 'fog' in the search bar for further updates before proceeding to the cruise terminal. There is limited seating at the terminal and we just want you to be as comfortable as possible in case there is a delay. If you are able, please check your email regularly since we will be sending you updates starting tomorrow morning.

We look forward to welcoming guests aboard the Carnival Ecstasy!

Sincerely,

WE sail tomorrow on Ecstasy and I just recieved this email . I really wont sleep tonight!!

CARNIVAL ECSTASY

2/24/2011 DEPARTURE

IMPORTANT WEATHER UPDATE

February 23, 2011

Hello y'all,

The Galveston area is currently experiencing heavy fog and the port is closed. Since this may delay the arrival of the ship, for your comfort and convenience, please visit Carnival.com and enter 'fog' in the search bar for further updates before proceeding to the cruise terminal. There is limited seating at the terminal and we just want you to be as comfortable as possible in case there is a delay. If you are able, please check your email regularly since we will be sending you updates starting tomorrow morning.

We look forward to welcoming guests aboard the Carnival Ecstasy!

Sincerely,

:( It's really been bad down there for a week now! All hope is not lost, though...right now it shows as cloudy. Unless there's a lot of sea fog, you may be OK.

OI....I hope you get out. I wonder if fog is normal this time of year.

This is the time of year when the fog is most likely to happen. The water's pretty cold, but we're having a warm, humid spell, which makes Galveston ripe for fog.

It's a morning problem down here in Spring and Fall. Mainland clears mid-morning usually (9ish). We are in a warming trend now... but three things will clear the fog- wind, sun (as in no higher cloud cover) and rain. Chances are that we'll get a mix of the latter as March approaches- in like a lion sometimes you know. All of these patterns change after you get a day into the gulf. The last Ecstasy delay was unusual, even by Galveston standards. Wish the best for your sailing-

Weve had fog delays on our past cruises as early as January and as late as April in Galveston ..

So, "it be so"

We sail next Monday.. and ya just never know..

ugh

if it happens, wont be the first time...

Ive been on both sides of the ole Galveston Fog delay...Ive said it before and Ill say it again...I much prefer the Fogged Out to the Fogged In

(these pics are from 2/2008)

DSC02684_1_4_1_049.jpg.cfa98214b82de163936b99d485b32d78.jpg

DSC02688_688_038.jpg.8e0e45e907e5c8e6ceae09cdecb64a1c.jpg

DSC02687_687_037.jpg.e21e25f6621a92d83f09e6d7ad168216.jpg

Weve had fog delays on our past cruises as early as January and as late as April in Galveston ..

So, "it be so"

We sail next Monday.. and ya just never know..

ugh

if it happens, wont be the first time...

Ive been on both sides of the ole Galveston Fog delay...Ive said it before and Ill say it again...I much prefer the Fogged Out to the Fogged In

(these pics are from 2/2008)

I was on the waiting to board, then we boarded, then we spent the night in the port of Galveston and left at 7am the following day... of that February 2008... We missed out on Progreso...

So if you are on the Ecstasy, that was reduced from a 4 day 2 stop, to a 3 day cruise to nowhere, you received an OBC for lunch Saturday and 50% off the price returned to you (probably in OBC).

If it gets fogged out now and spends a 4th day (1 extra day) out in the Gulf going nowhere do you have to give the 50% back?

You will have had the full trip 4 days, and like most on CC say, any day at sea is better than a day on land.

So if you are on the Ecstasy, that was reduced from a 4 day 2 stop, to a 3 day cruise to nowhere, you received an OBC for lunch Saturday and 50% off the price returned to you (probably in OBC).

If it gets fogged out now and spends a 4th day (1 extra day) out in the Gulf going nowhere do you have to give the 50% back?

You will have had the full trip 4 days, and like most on CC say, any day at sea is better than a day on land.

OFF TOPIC and I apologize...

I love your doxie!!!! We also have an all black dachshund. Schatzie...

NOW ON TOPIC... LOL!!! I never thought of that. I love the "what ifs" that I read on CC... :rolleyes: You're silly!!!! ;)

I was on the waiting to board, then we boarded, then we spent the night in the port of Galveston and left at 7am the following day... of that February 2008... We missed out on Progreso...

We were the last people thru Customs that night... (probably while yall were boarding...or before you got on) we got thru Customs just before 7pm.

That's because you are a troublemaker.;):p:D

Fingers crossed for the Ecstasy cruise tomorrow (and Monday too PH).

you know me too well, Sweetie!

(and you know when RoofingPrincess and I were on the same Cruise together IKE Chased us back to Galveston) we do have a way with Weather!

OFF TOPIC and I apologize...

I love your doxie!!!! We also have an all black dachshund. Schatzie...

NOW ON TOPIC... LOL!!! I never thought of that. I love the "what ifs" that I read on CC... :rolleyes: You're silly!!!! ;)

Thank you for the thought, Cruizer has grown out of the Doxie look, he is now 28 in tall, and weighs 68 pounds, looks like a black lab, we were questioning his breed when he was 4 to 5 months and had not grown.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=1f0f5e83-3fc7-11e0-a3e1-001e0bcbb978&Aux=54|0|8CDA1EB08447A80||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=AttGetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=43cef083-3fc7-11e0-a059-001e0bcb32de&Aux=54|0|8CDA1EB2BEA4D70||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=0b3d90a4-3fc7-11e0-9058-001e0bcbe7cc&Aux=54|0|8CDA1EAF5D90E10||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

Thank you for the thought, Cruizer has grown out of the Doxie look, he is now 28 in tall, and weighs 68 pounds, looks like a black lab, we were questioning his breed when he was 4 to 5 months and had not grown.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=1f0f5e83-3fc7-11e0-a3e1-001e0bcbb978&Aux=54%7C0%7C8CDA1EB08447A80%7C%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C%7C&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=AttGetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=43cef083-3fc7-11e0-a059-001e0bcb32de&Aux=54%7C0%7C8CDA1EB2BEA4D70%7C%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C%7C&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=0b3d90a4-3fc7-11e0-9058-001e0bcbe7cc&Aux=54%7C0%7C8CDA1EAF5D90E10%7C%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C%7C&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

WOW!!! I was REALLY off topic!!! :o

He's a beautiful dog!!! :)

We were the last people thru Customs that night... (probably while yall were boarding...or before you got on) we got thru Customs just before 7pm.

With Mom in a wheelchair, we were one of the first on... I guess were were on and maybe eating dinner...

I hope and pray the next few cruises are smooth and timely!!!

The good news:

Today: A 30 percent chance of showers after noon. Patchy dense fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind around 15 mph.

So maybe it'll clear fairly early this morning, and they'll have time to get everyone off, us on, and get the heck out of there before the fog rolls back in!! --Katie

Right now shes moving at 11 knots towards the jetties, NWS shows 1.0 mile visibility, webcams show misty. There are two ships a couple of miles ahead of her and they are still moving. Guess it's time to throw the bags in the truck and get on the road.

Archived