price drop!!

JustJamieH

3rd cruise with Carnival and my first ever price drop! SWEEEEET!!!.

Congrats. It would make my day to get a nice $50 pp drop.

I saw your comment and remembered something from Elation last week I had forgotten. There were two girls getting off in Progresso with me and one bought one of those waterproof cameras that Carnival peddles as you get off in a port. She walks by one of the male dancers, who tells her, you know those things work in the shower ...and without missing a beat, the girl says SWEEEEET!!!

3rd cruise with Carnival and my first ever price drop! SWEEEEET!!!

I booked @ $549 pp ... then it went UP UP UP. Was at $679 this morning. my obsessive checking paid off cuz it's down to $499 now YAY! just submitted my form.

don't forget to get your free upgrades to

What form? Where do I find it? :D I just checked and looks like my cruise dropped $100. Emailed to see what I need to do since this has never happened to us! So excited.

I did a search on the Carnival website for "Early Saver", clicked on the 1st result & then followed a link for more info. (specifically said " much,much more"). The next page had the link for the price protection claim form. After submitting it I got a form email saying it was received, would be reviewed and I'd get response w/in 3 business days.

Good Luck!

A.P.

So, is the form the new way to get a price reduction rather than calling Carnival? And, how many price reductions can you get? It used to be that you could get one every time the price dropped and I believe that I saw somewhere that you can only do one now. Our cruise is down but only about $16 pp so I am not sure if it is worth it to do anything yet!?!?!?!?

Thanks!

I booked @ $549 pp ... then it went UP UP UP. Was at $679 this morning. my obsessive checking paid off cuz it's down to $499 now YAY! just submitted my form.

I'm obsessive too I guess, but I'm really glad I am. Just sat down a few minutes ago to come on CC and thought what the heck, I'll check for price drops. Checking pays off! Our balcony cabin on the Dream in April just dropped $100.00. Sweet! That's a total of $220.00 so far - more drops would be great with me, but if not - $220 is cool!

So, is the form the new way to get a price reduction rather than calling Carnival? And, how many price reductions can you get? It used to be that you could get one every time the price dropped and I believe that I saw somewhere that you can only do one now. Our cruise is down but only about $16 pp so I am not sure if it is worth it to do anything yet!?!?!?!?

Thanks!

The form is only if you booked Early Saver rate. If you booked any other rate, you still call in, up until final payment.

I just remembered, Im on a laptop, my desktop is broke, so I dont have the link at hand either. sorry

I'm obsessive too I guess, but I'm really glad I am. Just sat down a few minutes ago to come on CC and thought what the heck, I'll check for price drops. Checking pays off! Our balcony cabin on the Dream in April just dropped $100.00. Sweet! That's a total of $220.00 so far - more drops would be great with me, but if not - $220 is cool!

Oops answered my own question.

Lucky you! It took me 11 to finally get one. The first 10 all went up after I booked them.

Congrats. It would make my day to get a nice $50 pp drop.

I saw your comment and remembered something from Elation last week I had forgotten. There were two girls getting off in Progresso with me and one bought one of those waterproof cameras that Carnival peddles as you get off in a port. She walks by one of the male dancers, who tells her, you know those things work in the shower ...and without missing a beat, the girl says SWEEEEET!!!

thanks Fire! still waiting to hear back from Carnival, but really there is no way they can turn me down.

that's funny about the camera! but who would you trust to develop them? lol

that's awesome! obsessive Carnival checkers unite. LOL

need advice - I booked for April 4 cruise for 2 under past guest category. The total today (thanks for all the reminders to check prices) is $100 less than my fully paid for booking. Should I call today or should I wait. I understand the form is for early savers booking. Thanks for any advice.

Archived