Gas Prices

millerboy88

The cruise lines have raised their prices on the cruises, probably their way of making up for the surcharge. Thinking people won't realize what they are doing?:confused:

So have airlines: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Airfares-Are-Chasing-Oil-nytimes-3570003069.html?x=0&.v=1

But what's worse is the airfare increases in ADDITION to all the surcharges for extra bags and such. :rolleyes:

Up another .04 cent today after going up .16 cent yesterday, this is going to be crazy. Heading right back into a Recession, if we have even got out of this last yet????:eek:

Can you imagine another 5% in layoffs and what that will do to state incomes:eek::eek:

A barrel of crude oil contains 42 gallons. If it could be refined into 42 gallons of gasoline that would cost $2.38/gallon at $100/barrel. Add to that the 18.5 cents in federal tax and 20 cents in state tax here in Texas and that brings the cost to $2.77.

How on earth can crude oil be refined and distributed for only 23 cents per gallon? It's a freaking miracle if you ask me, and anything but gouging.

Per above; Just two weeks ago Exxon alone announced their first quarter profits of 9.2 billion.

Its gouging, I dont care how much it costs to produce, their profits are phenomenal and thats because of the prices we are paying. I remember when they were making a profit back when gas was down around $2 a gallon, pretty soon it will be twice that, their profit is at the consumers expense, something needs to be done about it.

i take it you think ships run on gas?

No, it was a general statement to the "everyday" person about the gas prices that we are paying. The Heavy Fuel Oil and in some ships, the "GAS" turbine engines will still be an issue.

I Take it that you think you know it all

Up another .04 cent today after going up .16 cent yesterday, this is going to be crazy. Heading right back into a Recession, if we have even got out of this last yet????:eek:

Your joking right??? In the last 2 years unemployment doubled and the deficit has tripled, it has got worse not better. Fuel charges are needed so I don't mind if they do it.;)

Per above; Just two weeks ago Exxon alone announced their first quarter profits of 9.2 billion.

Its gouging, I dont care how much it costs to produce, their profits are phenomenal and thats because of the prices we are paying. I remember when they were making a profit back when gas was down around $2 a gallon, pretty soon it will be twice that, their profit is at the consumers expense, something needs to be done about it.

You can do something about it, take public transportation or ride a bike or walk. Supply and demand they have it, you want it . Drill here you won't have that problem. Carnival corp. does things to make a profit and so do the oil companies. Quit whining because they are successful at it. Don't buy gas if it bothers you so much, hoof it.;)

hey, you brought this up! LOL

I cant take public transpo where I live there is none, I spend about 10 bucks a day to get to work now. I am not even really "whining" about myself, cause we make a decent living, I am thinking about people who make minimum wage, teachers and state employees who wont get an increase because of state budgets being cut and for all those out there who are struggling to get by..thats what I am thinking about, not about whether my next cruise, if I ever book another is going to cost more due to an added fuel supplement....which I wouldnt want...... for me or you..

Happy Cruising

You can do something about it, take public transportation or ride a bike or walk. Supply and demand they have it, you want it . Drill here you won't have that problem. Carnival corp. does things to make a profit and so do the oil companies. Quit whining because they are successful at it. Don't buy gas if it bothers you so much, hoof it.;)

This is a ridiculous comment. First of all, no one is "whining" about their "profit", it's their gouging that's the issue. There's no reason ANY corporation is paying "executives" 100 million dollar bonuses. Sorry, that ISN'T what capitalism is supposed to be about. Period.

Second, while you may be piled up in a city where everyone lives atop one another and you can walk to everything, that doesn't mean everyone does, or wants to. I couldn't "hoof" it, even if I wanted to, which I don't and have no intention of doing, even if I have to steal the stuff. "Hoofing" it for me would mean that I MAY make it to the grocery store by the early afternoon and probably wouldn't make it back by nightfall.

Again, we don't get the vast majority of our petroleum in the Middle East, so the oil companies who are using this as an excuse to jack up prices are just proven once again to be liars and the American public SHOULD do something about it. Even if that involves force. Yep, I went there. This is NOT what our country was designed to be. Not even a little... It's causing many middle class citizens to dwindle more and more into poverty. It's not acceptable.

:d:d

this is a ridiculous comment. First of all, no one is "whining" about their "profit", it's their gouging that's the issue. There's no reason any corporation is paying "executives" 100 million dollar bonuses. Sorry, that isn't what capitalism is supposed to be about. Period.

Second, while you may be piled up in a city where everyone lives atop one another and you can walk to everything, that doesn't mean everyone does, or wants to. I couldn't "hoof" it, even if i wanted to, which i don't and have no intention of doing, even if i have to steal the stuff. "hoofing" it for me would mean that i may make it to the grocery store by the early afternoon and probably wouldn't make it back by nightfall.

Again, we don't get the vast majority of our petroleum in the middle east, so the oil companies who are using this as an excuse to jack up prices are just proven once again to be liars and the american public should do something about it. Even if that involves force. Yep, i went there. This is not what our country was designed to be. Not even a little... It's causing many middle class citizens to dwindle more and more into poverty. It's not acceptable.

amen, amen and amen again.

...the American public SHOULD do something about it. Even if that involves force. Yep, I went there. This is NOT what our country was designed to be. Not even a little...

You would advocate the use of force to take away someone's property rights and establish a command economy? I didn't think that was what your country was designed to be either.

If people on here can afford to cruise they can afford to drive. If they think someone else makes too much money then enter their business and give them some competition. I was invested in an oil company that went broke in 1998. It happens. So when there's a chance to make good money they're gonna take it. As a shareholder I would demand they make hay while the sun shines. I only would have preferred the higher prices came from the demand of a stronger economy. But if someone has to make money off this instability it may as well be me.:)

Archived