Gas Prices

millerboy88

14 cents in 2 days here.

from $2.95 to $3.09 yesterday. Lots of the majors even higher today I saw as high as $3.39 for unleaded today!!! YIKES

I think gas is going up faster than the price of oil. gouging if you ask me.

Yup! I drove by the station this AM and one was $3.49. Was $3.19 YESTERDAY!

3.02 last night to 3.19 this a.m. and that was at a large retailer that gets their gas from the U.S.A. Gotta love it. Talked to my PVP yesterday about it for my cruise in June and she told me NOT to worry about it, she has always been right before, but I don't think she is on this one

Filled up the Prius yesterday. Maybe gas will come down again when I need it in about three weeks.

But, seriously, I just read that the cruiselines are very hesitant about enacting the surcharge because of the bad blood it caused last time.

We are at $3.35 in Buffalo NY. I agree that the cruiselines had so may people cancel cruises when they introduced fuel fees last time that they would avoid it at all costs, if possible. It was hard enough to keep up with the rising costs of fuel and food for us consumers that we could hardly afford a vacation, let alone additional fees.

We are at $3.35 in Buffalo NY. I agree that the cruiselines had so may people cancel cruises when they introduced fuel fees last time that they would avoid it at all costs, if possible. It was hard enough to keep up with the rising costs of fuel and food for us consumers that we could hardly afford a vacation, let alone additional fees.

The funny thing about those higher prices for food and fuel that you see... The cruise lines have the same rising costs.

The funny thing about those higher prices for food and fuel that you see... The cruise lines have the same rising costs.

You are right. And if they impose the fee, I will pay it without complaining. I read the terms and agreed to them before booking. They are being very fair at present. Oil has been well over $70 for quite some time and they have not implemented the surcharge as is their option according to the terms. I just hope that they don't have to.

man this has been a growing concern of mine. not so much the fuel surcharge on the cruise but more-so the fact we decided to raodtrip from utah to the port in california this year duw to increasing airfare. we sail in a couple months and as of now driving still seems the the more cost friendly option but man oh man i dont know which will be worse! yikes

I was thinking the same thing today, it's ridiculous, we are paying almost as much as when Katrina hit, we tolerated it then because the rising prices seemed validated, however, i don't agree with it now, so stock goes up, stock holders not only make more money, but the oil companies get it from us and the stocks argh!

on the way home I pass a lot of gas stations, so last night i noticed one that just said 3+, guess he was tired of going out and changing the signs. I filled up 3 days ago, jeep cherokee 45 $, all of our travel choices and wanderings have stopped, and if i wasn't working the late shifts this week, i would be on the train in a heart beat! DH and i discussed the 9$ charge and we are more than willing to pay it, just to get a vacation this year!

Not in the same way, though. My husband's family owns restaurants and while their food and natural gas prices have gone up, they purchase all of it in bulk just like the cruise industries, and their prices aren't anything like the jump we, as regular consumers, see. As a matter of fact, it's a fraction of what we've seen and doesn't really affect them much, at all. If a few restaurants are a fraction of our costs, then the cruise industry is even more so because they purchase WAY more than a few restaurants would.

Frankly, it's a crime and the American people should be raising you know what about this jack in prices! And the tired excuse of Middle East unrest is about to lose it's pull, too. We don't purchase much oil from them. Most comes from Canada and Latin America...VERY little actually comes from the Middle East and it's primarily from Saudi Arabia.

We've got millions of barrels right here at home that we could be using but the freakin' carribou are what takes precedence? Seriously? There's 19 MILLION acres in ANWAR (that's this many zeros 19,000,000!!!!!)...I'm sure they could find a couple million more acres to play on where the pipeline wouldn't faze them, not to mention the jobs it would create. It's stupid and nothing but a bunch of political BS that's getting old fast when people can't pay to drive, much less enjoy their vacations that they earn. :mad:

Quote from John Heald. His reply to me:

I can though mate tell you that fuel is our biggest expense and with prices heading over $100 a barrell it is certainly something we are looking at closley. However, as I write I can tell you there are no plans to return to the fuel supplements and lets hope I can say the same in the days ahead. Cheers Eddie"

I was thinking the same thing today, it's ridiculous, we are paying almost as much as when Katrina hit, we tolerated it then because the rising prices seemed validated, however, i don't agree with it now, so stock goes up, stock holders not only make more money, but the oil companies get it from us and the stocks argh!

Agree, back when Katerina hit the oil companies quarterly profits were like 300 million. Just two weeks ago Exxon alone announced their first quarter profits of 9.2 billion. Thats just one of ten big oil companies .....were being hosed.

Archived