Explain the Thermal Suite

singwithjoy

Please explain what the thermal suite is like. We looked at it once when when boarding the ship and they give those tours. I was not sure if the aromatic rain shower would be good for sensitive skin.

Are those hard lounge chairs comfortable? What about the couples shower time. What is that like? How much is this? Is it worth it?

Please explain what the thermal suite is like. We looked at it once when when boarding the ship and they give those tours. I was not sure if the aromatic rain shower would be good for sensitive skin.

Are those hard lounge chairs comfortable? What about the couples shower time. What is that like? How much is this? Is it worth it?

I heart the thermal suite. I can spend hours there just laying on those chairs. Next time you go on the tour through the suite, lay down on a chair and see if you like it. They usually encourage you to do this because they look uncomfortable at first glance. They are heated and put your body in a really comfortable position.

I haven't really used the special showers much because the saunas in there are REALLY hot and the showers are REALLY cold (I think there is one warm shower, but it is not the aromatic one). How anyone goes in a cold shower I don't know, but other passengers seem to like it.

I think the price of the thermal suite is $150 per couple for the whole cruise (7 days). Not sure how much for an individual...maybe $100? I'm sure someone can correct me on this. It is expensive unless you plan on using it every day. The nice thing is that they only sell so many passes, so usually when I've been there it is pretty empty. Sound carries like crazy in there so it's not so nice if people are chatting a lot.

We tried the Thermal Suite on the Coral on our Alaskan cruise - $130/couple for the 7 day cruise as Embarkation Day "Special". We spent at least an hour a day there "warming up". I fell asleep on the heated loungers almost every day and I have a back that needs good support. I didn't do the various rooms but DW spent half of her time there. We felt it was worthwhile for Alaska.

We were in a full suite on our last cruise on the Emerald and the thermal suite is included as a perk. My husband discovered that he loved saunas (he rotated among the 3 saunas and 2 (I think) special showers while I totally chilled out (well it was warm, not chilly) on the tile beds. We loved it enough that he said he would pay for it if we book anything other than a suite in the future! Most times we were the only folks there and if other folks were there they were very quiet and circumspect. Only one day (out of 10) did we have two very loud couples that wrecked the ambiance.

Archived