Hump Cabins

I am v. new to cruising.....only planning my 1st. But apparently on some ships (def. Voyager not sure which others...) there is section that "humps" on the boat, and I had heard that these were more desirable than other balcony cabins, not sure if this is true - hence this thread to seek clarification.

See this link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000K23JJIkmjiDBEzhmhXl6Q3h:v29bc4qk?shipCode=VY&deckCode=06&shipProfile=1080&sailDate=1050305

Rooms - 6612 thru 6626 and 6312 thru 6326

Britch:

I'm afraid you may be a little disappointed if you are expecting a larger balcony on the Voyager. If you go to the link that you posted about the deck plans and look at your room compared to the others, there is no or little difference.

Go to this link-- and look at the Radiance class ships and see the difference in how the rooms are arranged on the deck that makes the balconies MUCH bigger for the Hump-Cabins.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000RNDQoAV9fo9ZQ0mHb_Sh4iY:v29bc4qk?shipCode=SR&deckCode=08&shipProfile=1066&sailDate=1050305

If you look at cabins 8088 or 8102, you can see the difference. 8102 is the room we had and the balcony was almost as large as the room. There were 2 lounge chairs, two small chairs and a round table on the bacony with room to walk around. You won't get that on the Voyager.

Hope This Helps.

Britch:

While the room/balcony size is the same on the Voyager class hump cabins, there are still two very desirable aspects:

1. it is in the middle of the deck, which saves many steps and is a bit more steady, and

2. I read the hump cabins have their own small hallway, which greatly reduces the number of people walking by and talking while you are sleeping

I booked a hump cabin (#9622) for these two reasons. I'm confident you will enjoy that room.

We had cabin #9620 on AOS which was in the middle of the Bump. There was not a separate small hallway. We were right by the elevators. Sometimes we could hear people talking, but it was never a problem. We have the same cabin on Explorer in Oct. 2005. It's the best location we have ever had!!

Gail

ha ha!!! thanks for the replies. Just so new to all this - all I really want is some reassurance this this is not a "bad" cabin! On a 9 night cruise I think a balcony would be great. So I guess my TA picked well for me! So this "hump" room is better than a "flat" room?

We had cabin 8320 and our friends had 8322 on Mariner in January....Mid Hump.

We could see both fore and aft(front & back) of the ship...and never heard any noise from the elevators. It was our first RCI cruise and highly recommended by our TA. I would not hesitate to book a hump cabin again, although the aft (back of ship) cabins do have larger balconies. You will not be sorry about the hump cabin..Enjoy your cruise:cool:

Where's your mind ;)

lolol

A

Heyitsrick's mind is the same place as my DH... He seems to think that booking this cabin implies some type of promise on my part! (Reference nookie on the balcony thread) ;)

Archived