FunHub/Funville?

millerboy88

Will be on the Dream in April. I am confused about the FunHub/Funville deal they have on the ship. I have an Ipod Touch, so I should be able to access the carnival site via the IPod from just about anywhere on the ship. I understand that this is a social networking site though the Carnival Website. My question is, can this site be used to keep in contact with family and friends back home while you are at Sea? Or do you have to buy the internet package in order to contact family back home. I plan on using Free Wi-Fi once at the ports, but was still unsure about the Carnival site while on the ship. Thanks for any info:D

Will be on the Dream in April. I am confused about the FunHub/Funville deal they have on the ship. I have an Ipod Touch, so I should be able to access the carnival site via the IPod from just about anywhere on the ship. I understand that this is a social networking site though the Carnival Website. My question is, can this site be used to keep in contact with family and friends back home while you are at Sea? Or do you have to buy the internet package in order to contact family back home. I plan on using Free Wi-Fi once at the ports, but was still unsure about the Carnival site while on the ship. Thanks for any info:D

yep its free if u use currently on board forum -have family join and you can keep in touch . I can't get it to work on my android but can get carnival on browser but not funville-if you could tell me how I would appreciate it. thx

while on ship, you should be able to access carnival.com at no charge. This via ships internet cafe or your laptop. You should not have to purchase package or if you do, this would not count minutes against pkg.

Once at Carni site, go to Funville, then forums and there you have it. Remember, it's a public forum so careful how you communicate. You'll need to set up prior to departure, and others you are wanting to stay in contact with will need to know your screen name. They'll be able to access, read and post as well as long as they register. I have seen where both parties have used the same screen name/password. That's what we plan to do next month as well. We'll let dd's know our user name and password, that way they won't have to bother with registering. Doing it this way, while reading thru thread it'll appear the same user is at sea as well as home.

Least, this is my understanding. We've had good luck doing this way to date. Enjoy.:)

while on ship, you should be able to access carnival.com at no charge. This via ships internet cafe or your laptop. You should not have to purchase package or if you do, this would not count minutes against pkg.

Once at Carni site, go to Funville, then forums and there you have it. Remember, it's a public forum so careful how you communicate. You'll need to set up prior to departure, and others you are wanting to stay in contact with will need to know your screen name. They'll be able to access, read and post as well as long as they register. I have seen where both parties have used the same screen name/password. That's what we plan to do next month as well. We'll let dd's know our user name and password, that way they won't have to bother with registering. Doing it this way, while reading thru thread it'll appear the same user is at sea as well as home.

Least, this is my understanding. We've had good luck doing this way to date. Enjoy.:)

Carnival.com is free on board. No need to buy internet minutes.

Mom & I used it on her last cruise. Like said above, we used same screen name. She said it was REALLY slow to load. Just remember that it is on a public forum and anyone can read your thread.

Here is a thread that explains it all.

Archived