Getting the wrinkles out!!

CuplACruzrs

Or...you can buy a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser (in a white bottle, located in the laundry detergent area of your supermarket) and take it with you. If your clothes are wrinkled when you unpack them, spray them lightly with the wrinkle releaser and hang them in the closet and when the spray dries, the wrinkles are gone. Works like a charm!

Cup - On every Carnival ship, there is at least one laundry room (usually two) on each deck. They have washers, dryers, ironing boards, and irons. I take the Wrinkle Release. A generic brand of Downy can be found at most of the Dollar Tree type stores. I pour from the large bottle into a small travel size spray bottle. Works wonders.

Just an FYI - Most folks don't even notice others' wrinkled clothes. We're "all in the same boat", so to speak, on that one.:D

Dede - Irons of any kind are not allowed on the ship. Read your Welcome Aboard booklet - or any Carnival brochure or website. HUGE fire hazard - same with candles. NOT allowed, period.

No charge for the iron/ironing board. You have to pay to use the washer/dryer....just like a laundry mat. Also, some (if not all) of the ships have a laundry service. Check your capers for the cheapest day to do this. I use a steam iron which works really well. Also, if you roll your clothes when packing, instead of folding them flat, helps to keep them from getting wrinkled. Didn't know steam irons weren't allowed either....guess I'll have to invest in the wrinkle release stuff!

Or...you can buy a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser (in a white bottle, located in the laundry detergent area of your supermarket) and take it with you. If your clothes are wrinkled when you unpack them, spray them lightly with the wrinkle releaser and hang them in the closet and when the spray dries, the wrinkles are gone. Works like a charm!

After I read the posts on this thread this morning, I decided to pick up a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser when I went to the grocery store this afternoon. I saw it but I didn't buy it . . . the bottle is big and heavy and I don't want to add anymore weight to my suitcase since I'm flying to the port this time. Does it come in a smaller bottle or is there another product that works as well but comes in a smaller size?

Yes....that is what I have. Put some water in, heat it up, only steam comes out. Not a flat iron at all like you use at home. You move it up and down near the hanging garment. Those are ok?????

After I read the posts on this thread this morning, I decided to pick up a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser when I went to the grocery store this afternoon. I saw it but I didn't buy it . . . the bottle is big and heavy and I don't want to add anymore weight to my suitcase since I'm flying to the port this time. Does it come in a smaller bottle or is there another product that works as well but comes in a smaller size?

Just pour some into a smaller spray bottle....about 4-6 ounces. If you hang your clothes when you first unpack, some of the wrinkles will come out on their own. Then you don't have to use much of the Downey. I refuse to travel without it anymore...it works THAT good for us:D

I agree with Colette...I simply REFUSE to travel without the Downey Wrinkle Releaser! The stuff is great! :D

I'm simply amazed how well it works on cotton. I have some lightweight cotton slacks I would wear to dinner. I would just spray it on and spread them out on the bed to smooth the wrinkles out. Within two minutes, it was dry and ready to go. I have heard some people do not like the scent, that they feel it smell like cheap colonge. I like the smell. It reminds me of clothes fresh out of the dryer:)

I forgot to pack the DH an extra pair of slacks for dinner. Since he only wears them to dinner, I had him hang them up and then sprayed Downey on them. They looked great!

.....Just quoting myself. I sometimes wonder if anybody actually READS these posts.........:D

Do you think I have time to read posts. All I have time for is to link them. Pick out a key word and run with it. No running in the halls.

One of the hardest rules for them to learn to comply with when they go to school is, "No running in the halls!"

from

http://www.kidsrunning.com/ask/krask1102mile.html

Or...you can buy a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser ....

I tried that, didn't do a D*mn bit of good. Poured nearly a whole bottle over myself........oooooh wait.....you folks are talking about clothes, aren't you. Never mind :p

.....Just quoting myself. I sometimes wonder if anybody actually READS these posts.........:D

Just an oversight on her part I am sure:) I am the world's worst about asking a question when it's been previously answered. Thank God I don't get pointed out or flamed most of the time:D

I tried that, didn't do a D*mn bit of good. Poured nearly a whole bottle over myself........oooooh wait.....you folks are talking about clothes, aren't you. Never mind :p

Maybe you should go ahead and iron them out then:eek:

:D

I just hang the clothes I'm planning to wear in the bathroom while I take a long, hot shower and by the time I'm done, so are the clothes. It also helps if you roll your clothes instead of folding them when packing.

Archived