Escape the UK General Election!

guernseyguy

Hello all - I don't know about the rest of you in the UK, but I am already fed up with the run up to the (as yet unannounced) General Election on May 5!

Escape it all and take a crossing!

I'm on the westbound on April 28, so arrive in New York the day before polling - and will not return until well after.

Last Autumn I was on the Brilliance of the Seas as America went to re-elect Bush - so 'What do you think of your new President' was guaranteed to elicit a response!

What are the issues in your election?

Oh dear.....here we go! Trying to stay as neutral as possible.....there is not a lot that separates the two main parties in terms of substance.....both would follow pretty similar economic policies, with the Conservatives spending (a little) less.

Despite the talk (by all parties) about 'focusing on the issues' a lot of it ends up in personalities with both Blair (lied to us about the reasons for the war in Iraq etc. etc.) and the Conservative's Howard (Cabinet minister in the (for some) hated Thatcher administration etc. etc.) polarising......hence, given lack of real debate I will not be sorry to be missing the tail end of it!

Peter

I'm delighted to say we are booked on the Eastbound crossing ex New York on the 4th of May so we will miss it! It is all becoming very tedious!!!! Doubtless the ship will have some sort of coverage but we shall be spared the swingometer!!!

Archived