Fantastic Fun on Fascination 2/19-2/24 including Discovery Launch....TONS of Pictures

tmt218

I want to try the chateaubriand, but it's always served on the same night as the lamb, which is my favorite dish.

Unless the menus I'm looking at online are out dated the menus we had were put together a la carte. I wish I took pictures of them but they were in plastic and reflected the lights. You couldn't read them.

You could always ask for just the Chateaubriand without the side dishes. They give you a few slices. That's what I did with the prime rib.

I have always wanted to try the lamb but to scared to try it. I will have to force myself to step out of the box. It looks delicious.

Great review!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading! I may be in your area next month for our spring break. We are trying to go to Savannah and then head to Charleston. It will be during the bridge run :( It has been hard to find a hotel and what we have found has been very expensive. Believe it or not it's cheaper to cruise that week. I'm trying to convince the family to go on a cruise instead and save the land trip for later.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise.

Believe it or not it's cheaper to cruise that week. I'm trying to convince the family to go on a cruise instead and save the land trip for later.

That sounds like a genius idea to me. Thanks for the great review!!

Unless the menus I'm looking at online are out dated the menus we had were put together a la carte. I wish I took pictures of them but they were in plastic and reflected the lights. You couldn't read them.

You could always ask for just the Chateaubriand without the side dishes. They give you a few slices. That's what I did with the prime rib.

I have always wanted to try the lamb but to scared to try it. I will have to force myself to step out of the box. It looks delicious.

I'll have to try that next cruise. And you should definitely try the lamb. They also had it at the rotisserie one day during lunch.

Hey TMT218,

i'm still loving the review... makes me want to go even more,

yes, Canton is a crusing town... we get several families to go on

cruises together.

I hope you don't mind, but I used one of your pictures as my screen saver. the one of the small boat floating in the water at HMC..

oh and the Valor.. I loved it.. that was the best cruise I have been on so far. the ship was great, clean and bright... I would go on her again in a heartbeat...

when is your next cruise going to be ? we might have to book one the same time, ya'll sound like a fun bunch of folks

to be on a crusie with :D

That sounds like a genius idea to me. Thanks for the great review!!

Thanks for reading my review. I thought it was a great idea too. My Aunt and Uncle who we are planning this trip with are not cruisers. We went to Alaska with them and they slept most of the time. Plus didn't want to plan excursions. I planned out what my Mom and I were going to do and booked everything. They missed out.

With this land vacation they are not wanting to make plans and hadn't gotten back to me to nail down a hotel yet. My DM is so funny she says we will just book a cruise and be done. Sounds good to me.

Hey TMT218,

i'm still loving the review... makes me want to go even more,

yes, Canton is a crusing town... we get several families to go on

cruises together.

I hope you don't mind, but I used one of your pictures as my screen saver. the one of the small boat floating in the water at HMC..

oh and the Valor.. I loved it.. that was the best cruise I have been on so far. the ship was great, clean and bright... I would go on her again in a heartbeat...

when is your next cruise going to be ? we might have to book one the same time, ya'll sound like a fun bunch of folks

to be on a crusie with :D

Thanks! I don't mind if you use my pictures. I am honored! Glad you liked it.

We are thinking about the first week in April on the Valor or the Glory. We are also looking at sometime in September or October hopefully on the Oasis but it's a little steep. We can cruise on 3 Carnival cruises for that one. We are also looking to go to Alaska again next summer. My Mom turns 60 and wants to go back. DD was at her Dad's when we went last time and she wants to go. She feels like she missed out. We would love to have ya'll along. As long as you don't mind cruising with a single Mom, Daughter and a Grandma. Watch out for Grandma though she's the wild one. :eek::p Ha Ha! If would be fun to cruise with a group of people. We like meeting new friends. Are ya'll all couple or a mix of people? Do ya'll have kids?

We try to have fun all the time. Life is short. We LOVE to travel and take many vacations a year. This year is our cruising year. Last year we took a road trip out west for 3 weeks tent camping. It was alot of fun. We are road tripped out and with the gas prices it's cheaper to cruise.

I will keep ya posted and see if ya'll want to go with us.

I'll have to try that next cruise. And you should definitely try the lamb. They also had it at the rotisserie one day during lunch.

I didn't try the rotisserie either. Need to do that next cruise too.

Super review - thanks so much. I check back every day for updates. We'll be on this ship in June. 2 families w/ kids ranging from 8-12 - so I really appreciate the tidbits on the kids camps, etc.

Oh your welcome! Thanks for reading. Your family will have a good time. There is something for everyone. I have the kids camp schedule but my printer/scanner is not working. They had lots for them to do. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Your review has been wonderful. I am taking the 7 day cruise on the Fascination leaving out April 30th. Your review has made me get even more excited about this cruise. I am taking my three children who are 7, 10, and 11. So your review has helped me a lot. I did have one question for you. Did you let your daughter sign herself in and out of camp carnival. I am a little on edge about letting my boys do this. Any advice would be helpful. You should come on the Fascination again for the 7 day. Thank you for all your hard work on this review. kudos.

I have really enjoyed your review! My dh and I are taking our first cruise on the Fascination for our anniversary in Oct and I've loved showing him the pics of everything!

How far are you from Atlanta? We are driving from Chattanooga, TN after we drop our kids off at my parents' house. Glad to know the drive isn't bad!

Your review has been wonderful. I am taking the 7 day cruise on the Fascination leaving out April 30th. Your review has made me get even more excited about this cruise. I am taking my three children who are 7, 10, and 11. So your review has helped me a lot. I did have one question for you. Did you let your daughter sign herself in and out of camp carnival. I am a little on edge about letting my boys do this. Any advice would be helpful. You should come on the Fascination again for the 7 day. Thank you for all your hard work on this review. kudos.

Thank You so much! I am so glad you are enjoying it. I wish I could go on a 7 day Fascination cruise. They are going to Grand Turk and I have nice read nice things about it. I hope to go some day.

Yes my DD had sign in/out privileges. She had alot of rules too. She met some girls from our roll call and they started emailing each other. I got to know the parents as well. The Mom that I spent the most time with was strict with her DD too. The 2 girls were together nonstop most of the time. We always knew where they were and kept each other informed.

I had a list of activites for the week with the times and location. They give the list for the whole cruise when you sign them up. I failed to sign her up on-line. We would go over the list each day/night. She would pick what she wanted to do and how long she wanted to stay. I would also let her know where I would be. If I wasn't where I said I would be then she went to our cabin. She wasn't allowed in any cabin and no one was allowed in ours. She wasn't allowed to go swimming without me. Had to go ashore in ports and had to eat dinner with me. She did eat at a pizza party in camp. She asked if she could go.

It worked for us this time. If she didn't make any friends before we left I may have not let her sign in or out. Our next cruise I may not let her sign in/out. I don't know. It will depend on the situation. She knew the rules and if she broke them then that was it. She wasn't allowed to just do what she wanted and have free roam. I knew the who,what,where and when.

We had talked about it before the cruise and she said she wasn't comfortable roaming the ship alone. She is very smart and mature for her age. Sometimes she acts like a teenager:p:eek:.

I hope this made sense and helped you out. Any more questions ask away. That's what I'm here for.

I have really enjoyed your review! My dh and I are taking our first cruise on the Fascination for our anniversary in Oct and I've loved showing him the pics of everything!

How far are you from Atlanta? We are driving from Chattanooga, TN after we drop our kids off at my parents' house. Glad to know the drive isn't bad!

Congratulations on your first cruise. I guarantee you will be hooked. I live about 65 miles North of Atlanta in the Historic town of Dahlonega. I'm about 2 hours (100 miles) southeast of Chattanooga. I love Murfeesboro. If I was to leave Ga I would want to move there. My Mom live in Nashville for about a year. I love that area.

Happy Anniversary! I hope you and your Hubby have a great cruise.

Thank you tmt for letting me know what you did with your daughter. It has given me a lot to think about. I appreciate all you input on camp carnival. Can you get an itinerary ahead of time for camp carnival for a particular cruise. I may have to make this a last minute decision based on how I think they are acting. Thanks so much

Thank you tmt for letting me know what you did with your daughter. It has given me a lot to think about. I appreciate all you input on camp carnival. Can you get an itinerary ahead of time for camp carnival for a particular cruise. I may have to make this a last minute decision based on how I think they are acting. Thanks so much

Your Welcome! I completely understand. I was amazed at all the kids running around. Some very young. Younger than our kids ages.It was shocking. We had over 750 kids on our cruise. I witnessed a boy about 4 or so running around the pool with no parent in sight. He was stepping into the deep end of the pool sitting on the steps and started leaning into the pool. After about 5 mins the Dad finally showed up. Then the boy started running away from him. It was crazy.

No you can't get an itinerary for an up coming cruise. On the family board they have some posted. If I can get mine scanned in I will post it and if I find one over there I will post a link.

This is an awesome review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! We're going on this ship in April and your review is very helpful.

Thank You for reading it. I hope you and your family have a great cruise. The Fascination is a nice ship. I hope to be on a cruise in April too. We are looking at the Glory and Valor.

Great pictures and review.

The Camp (9-11 ages) All Night Party can save you about $4.00 if the child stays the whole time.

If you sign them up, but check them out before midnight, they don't charge you the $26? Is that what you understood. Do they still get the goodie package?

Great pictures and review.

The Camp (9-11 ages) All Night Party can save you about $4.00 if the child stays the whole time.

If you sign them up, but check them out before midnight, they don't charge you the $26? Is that what you understood. Do they still get the goodie package?

Yes it saves you 4.00 for the all night party. Yes if you sign them up for the party and then check them out for the party before midnight they don't charge you 26.00. They will charge you the 6.00 per hour. DD got a journal, pen, and a bandana. I know the bandana she for sure got at the party. All the kids had them on so they could keep track of them. They were bright green. I will ask her about the journal and pen tomorrow. I know those that make it all night get a certificate for surviving the night and a few more things. It wasn't much. DD could have cared less about those things. LOL

I will ask her what she got and what the ones that made it to 3AM got.

Yes it saves you 4.00 for the all night party. Yes if you sign them up for the party and then check them out for the party before midnight they don't charge you 26.00. They will charge you the 6.00 per hour. DD got a journal, pen, and a bandana. I know the bandana she for sure got at the party. All the kids had them on so they could keep track of them. They were bright green. I will ask her about the journal and pen tomorrow. I know those that make it all night get a certificate for surviving the night and a few more things. It wasn't much. DD could have cared less about those things. LOL

I will ask her what she got and what the ones that made it to 3AM got.

You dont' have to ask her, mine has the certificate, but I know she was really dragging the next day. I just wanted to verify the "cut off time". Thanks

Thanks for your great review. We'll be on the Fascination next month & I'm so excited!

I let my husband choose the itinerary so unfortunately we're headed to KW instead of HMC. I sooooo wanted to go to HMC!

Archived