All things Dream!

a3593

Was on the dream in 7417 (aft) Don't freak about the deck blocking water views - it's a big ocean! It's not really in your view from 7 at all unless you poke your head over. On 6, a little more, but you are talking about something 12 feet wide, 8 feet below you. If you are sitting on your balc on 6, you will not even see the deck, just ocean. Joining the balcony club during the day, however , not recommended...YMMV

That makes me feel better about our choice. We also have another cruise booked in cabin 9472. A little worried about the Lido deck noise but going to give it a try for that wrap-around balcony! :p

Does anyone know if room 8327 is looking down at a deck or the water?

I've heard some balcony rooms overlook decks or have "obstructed views"?

Technically speaking, there are no "obstructed" view balconies on the Dream. But as was mentioned, all balconies higher than deck 5 can see the lanai when you look down. The higher up you go, the less of an issue that is. For those that just like to sit on the balcony, the deck 5 lanai won't matter. For those that like to look down to the water, they need to get a deck 2 cove balcony instead of any that are above deck 5.

One issue with your spot is that you are directly over the edge of one of the deck 5 hot tubs, which stick out much further & stand taller. If you don't want to see that when you look down, you might want to move to another spot. I use cruisedeckplans dot com, & use their drag decks feature to find out exactly what is above & below rooms.

That makes me feel better about our choice. We also have another cruise booked in cabin 9472. A little worried about the Lido deck noise but going to give it a try for that wrap-around balcony! :p

We are leaving this Sunday, May 11, and will be in 9472. Will let you know what it is like. Hoping the chance of a little noise and smaller room will be worth the trade-off for a wrap balcony.

We are leaving this Sunday, May 11, and will be in 9472. Will let you know what it is like. Hoping the chance of a little noise and smaller room will be worth the trade-off for a wrap balcony.

Yes, please come back and give me your review! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Going on the Dream for the first time June 29, 2014. We booked this cruise at the last minute (at least for us, that is) so our planning is frantic. We are staying in OS 7235 and our friends are right in front of us in 7233. We are starboard side.....anyone go into these ports on the Starboard side? What will we see?

We are used to port side and have always had great views of the islands as we are coming into port.

I was on the Dream repositioning cruise a month or so ago. I spent 9 days on it and walked on the Lanai quite a few times and I don't remember once looking up at the balconies above. It doesn't matter what deck your on. you will look down and see the walkway. We were on 11. If your sitting on the balcony you don't see it at all. You might from 6 but no higher unless you lean over the rail to look down.

Booked on the Dream in August, first Carnival cruise. Will be in room 7392, unfortunalty all we could afford, here is hoping we get upgraded.

The Carnival website is very hard to navigate, but they do the bottomless bubbles program on this ship?

Sitting on the dream waiting to disembark now. We had a great trip, we liked the ship more than we did the Conquest. The crew was great and they delivered excellent service.

Bottomless bubbles is available on the Dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me what dining room is used for MDR seating at 6 pm....Scarlet or Crimson?

Thanks!!

Both. My last couple times on the ship, the lower level of Crimson was used for anytime dining. Upstairs of Crimson & all of Scarlet were assigned dining times. You are more likely to get the aft Scarlet if you do assigned times, just because there are more tables there, but plenty of people will still get Crimson.

Can anyone tell me what dining room is used for MDR seating at 6 pm....Scarlet or Crimson?

Thanks!!

I read that the Crimson is used for the Any Time Dinning...guessing the Scarlett is used for the other.

Scarlet (back of ship). We had 6:00 pm dining in April. We had great waiters.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. :D

Thanks!! Can't wait to board her!! Feeling really pressured to get everything done in a short time. We usually book a year out and I love all the planning. I know it will get done.....I just need to kick it in gear!

Thanks!! Can't wait to board her!! Feeling really pressured to get everything done in a short time. We usually book a year out and I love all the planning. I know it will get done.....I just need to kick it in gear!

I'm guessing that my answer got lost in the shuffle. The upstairs of the midship dining room is also used for assigned time dining, so you could wind up there. Usually, it's only the lower level of the midship dining room that is anytime.

Anyone have current western Fun Times they can post?

Current Fun Times for both western itineraries and the eastern itinerary are located here: http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2014-05-14/Carnival%20Dream/

Does anyone know how big the jogging track is and also if people usually run on Deck 5?

One lap on the track is 738 feet (225 meters). Seven laps is approximately one mile. No jogging on deck 5 I would think as there are chairs, the lanai, etc.

Edited by tncap