British Airways or Virgin Atlantic

mlprahl

Why is that?
Because:-
  • All London City flights are operated by a different company which is not involved in the dispute at all;
  • Gatwick cabin crew are fundamentally not involved in the dispute, so will not be on strike; and
  • There are plenty of non-striking and supplementary cabin crew at Heathrow, enough for the airline to run 100% of long-haul flights. (That includes many cabin crew who voted for strike action but have no intention of actually going on strike.) I think that the plan is also to make sure that every short-haul destination has some service, even if those with multiple flights a day may have some of them cancelled.

If you look at premium economy - note that Virgin's premium economy seats are wider as well as offering more legroom - BA's are just more legroom.

Virgin offer different meals for children, and I think they're more child friendly. I have found Virgin cabin staff generally more friendly, and much much much less prone to industrial action.

If you look at premium economy - note that Virgin's premium economy seats are wider as well as offering more legroom - BA's are just more legroom.
Actually, that's incorrect: BA's premium economy seats are also wider than normal economy. Both BA and VS have 2-4-2 in a 747, compared to 3-4-3 in economy.

You may be thinking of United, whose "Economy Plus" offers more legroom, but otherwise just normal economy seats - and so is not a true premium economy.

Archived