Where to pack childproofing equipment?

alj1208

We are sailing on Celebrity's Eclipse next Saturday (yeah!!!), and I am bringing some child safety products. The products are, a tension-rod type device by Master Locks that is designed to secure a sliding glass door. The other product is a door alarm-- the type that is shaped like a door stop. I am also bringing a portable bedrail.

These items might look strange in a luggage x-ray machine. I don't want to be delayed getting on the ship. Should I pack this stuff in a carry-on, and tell the agent what they are? Or, will it be no problem getting through the scanners? None of these items are prohibited. I have checked the TSA's website, and they are all fine to check on an airplane.

As an aside, my son is 4. I don't expect a problem. The door security items are just for my own peace of mind............ I am the world's most paranoid mom.

I also have a 4yr old. I travel with the door alarm and occasionally extra security devices. I just check them in my luggage though. If there has ever been a problem with the way it appears on xray it has never been brought to my attention.

in our luggage going to Cuba without a problem going through airport security.

As for the other items, I'd be prepared to bring them out at the scanner if you're going through a smaller airport. DS1's leapster threw off the scanners at Syracuse NY, resulting in a manual search of his bag :(

We are sailing on Celebrity's Eclipse next Saturday (yeah!!!), and I am bringing some child safety products. The products are, a tension-rod type device by Master Locks that is designed to secure a sliding glass door. The other product is a door alarm-- the type that is shaped like a door stop. I am also bringing a portable bedrail.

These items might look strange in a luggage x-ray machine. I don't want to be delayed getting on the ship. Should I pack this stuff in a carry-on, and tell the agent what they are? Or, will it be no problem getting through the scanners? None of these items are prohibited. I have checked the TSA's website, and they are all fine to check on an airplane.

As an aside, my son is 4. I don't expect a problem. The door security items are just for my own peace of mind............ I am the world's most paranoid mom.

• 2 weeks later...

we are planning as alaskan cruise but I'm worried about the balcony door can you let me know how you went with it and the child proofing equipment - do you know what the tension rod device was called

Thanks

Archived