Nieuw Amsterdam - Questions on VQ Spa cabins

TrixieH

Has anyone stayed in a VQ spa cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam? We just received our cabin assignments (VQ cabins 10031 & 10033). I am wondering what (if any) specific spa benefits are included (outside of the extra amenities in your room), and if the balconies are really that much smaller, as I've read. Do they still have room for chairs and a table on them? Are the room sizes the same as the other deluxe verandah rooms? Thanks in advance!

Terese

We never had one, but the balconies are about 4 ft deep, and large enough for the usual two chairs, footstool, and small table. In this pic you can see the chairs on the deck 11 VQ balconies, and the deck 10 balconies are the same depth.

2631719320099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Has anyone stayed in a VQ spa cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam? We just received our cabin assignments (VQ cabins 10031 & 10033). I am wondering what (if any) specific spa benefits are included (outside of the extra amenities in your room), and if the balconies are really that much smaller, as I've read. Do they still have room for chairs and a table on them? Are the room sizes the same as the other deluxe verandah rooms? Thanks in advance!

Terese

I took the following photos during a cabin crawl in December 2010 of VQ 10032. The verandah was larger than I expected it to be. The robes (which you can see hanging near us all at the door, were kind of yellowy.... BUT it is because this is an Eco Friendly stateroom, from what I understand from the CC members who had the stateroom. They stated that there is no bleach used and the fiber is different from the Regular HAL robes.

VQ 10032 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 10 Panorama Deck

[

sm-VQ-10032-1.jpg--sm-VQ-10032-2.jpg--sm-VQ-10032-3.jpg

[

sm-VQ-10032-4.jpg--sm-VQ-10032-5.jpg

[

Photos December 2010

[

Joanie

Hi

We are sailing next week on Neiuw Amsterdam and have a VQ spa verandah cabin 11006.

I called ship services and they actually had our room attendant measure the verandah and they emailed me with 3x9. There are 2 chairs and a small table.

Not a huge verandah but nice to know we can sit out there. We were told that the 11th deck is nice and the views are great.Enjoy your cruise.

From someone who recently returned and who'd been upgraded to the same category they said they received complimentary thermal suite pass which they enjoyed.

I can only hope that is the case. We sail on 3/6 and received an 9x upgrade (so we've been told, VH to VQ). A complimentary pass to thermal suite would be fantastic.

I understand why HAL ranks the VQ at the top of the verandah class because of the "spa amenities", but I for one would much prefer a V on deck 8 with the 7 ft deep balcony instead of the 3 or 4 ft one of the VQ.

I took the following photos during a cabin crawl in December 2010 of VQ 10032. The verandah was larger than I expected it to be.

hello Joanie

thanks for sharing your great pics:)

me and my peeps are staying side by side in 10032 & 10034 on the march 13th sailing:cool:

i was wondering if it appeared it was possible/you (or any other cruise critic friends) have any insight into weather the verandah divider could be pushed back/folded/removed to give us one BIG party zone?:p

shine on;)

rich

(or any other cruise critic friends) have any insight into weather the verandah divider could be pushed back/folded/removed to give us one BIG party zone?:p

Ordinarily the outer section of the divider on all verandah cabins can be opened. That gives you about 2.5 feet to get by, but it does not turn it into one big balcony. The picture below shows two dividers open, but these are VC balconies that are 6 ft deep. Your VQ balconies will be about half that, so there may not be such a section that swings open.

edit: in the second picture I think I see a fixed section next to the wall on the deck 10 cabins, so the outer section could open.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31973&d=1163375327

2395835980099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

hello Joanie

thanks for sharing your great pics:)

me and my peeps are staying side by side in 10032 & 10034 on the march 13th sailing:cool:

i was wondering if it appeared it was possible/you (or any other cruise critic friends) have any insight into weather the verandah divider could be pushed back/folded/removed to give us one BIG party zone?:p

shine on;)

rich

Hi Rich,

If you click on the photo below you can see the divider to the right of the chair (that round thing is the key hole to unlock the divider) and the divider appears to be as wide as the chair. So .....

sm-VQ-10032-5.jpg

Joanie

Archived