Opinions on beach massages

Ocean lover 1

I'm going on the Epic in April and have read in that in Cozumel or Roatan, you can get massages on certain beaches. I love massages! Can people tell me if these were worth it and how much they charged? I had a massage once on the beach but it was through a resort so I know it won't be the same.

I've had a massage at Paradise Beach in Cozumel before, and it was one of the highlights of my trip! It was a teensy $20 for 20 minutes, and the quality of the massage itself was much better than I had anticipated. Add in the warm breeze, the guazy white curtains billowing around the little tent, and the sound of music in one ear and the waves in the other and it was a completely blissful experience. Can't wait to do it again!!

We saw a woman getting a "massage" on her beach chair on West Bay. It was totally not a real massage. There were two local women walking the beach who recruited customers on the beach and they just knelt over the chair rubbing the woman's legs and arms and shoulders with some oil that came out of an unmarked bottle they carried with them. :rolleyes: I don't care what it cost. Surely wasn't anything I would spend a dollar on.

Just be sure to head to a spa at one of the resorts or at least a "business" run at one of the resorts. Don't waste money anywhere else.

If you're going W Carib on Epic, your best bet is in Costa Maya. They have NUMEROUS stands w/ prices generally $20 for an hour. You're not going to get a hot stone or deep tissue massage for that price, but it was still $20 very well spent- quite possibly the most relaxing hour I spent on the cruise. I understand you can also find relative bargains at the other ports, as well.

Just returned from the Epic ...the best massages, and cheapest, are Costa Maya/Mahahual. $30 per hr. and I tipped $5. Roatan twice the price, and in Cozumel, I went to Chakanaab and didn t see any beach massages.

Archived