How bad is it in the back of boat?

kdh12345

I am book on the ecstasy carnival cruise in room U221 and U216 which are in the very back on the upper deck which is 3 decks from bottom. How bad is this location? I have awlays been in the front or midway. Will have have problems hearing the motor where it where keep me awake?

Thanks

I am book on the ecstasy carnival cruise in room U221 and U216 which are in the very back on the upper deck which is 3 decks from bottom. How bad is this location? I have awlays been in the front or midway. Will have have problems hearing the motor where it where keep me awake?

Thanks

You will find mixed feeling on here about the aft. A lot of people only want afts because of the great views and the larger balconies.

We tried it once on the Emerald Princess and did not like it at all. The seas were rough that week anyway and being on the back made it twice as bad. There was also a horrible rotting food smell that got progressively worse as the week wore on. I have now heard that there are some rooms on Princess that are located near the dreaded "vent" and I guess that's where we wound up.

We probably just had an unusual experience, but that was enough for us and so we only want midship from now on.

But you will only know if you try it yourself........you could have a wonderful experience.

Happy Sailing

We have been on that deck before. Not on the Ecstasy but other Fantasy class ships. We never felt any movement. Since you are in inside cabins you would have less movement if there was any. We did not hear the engines. We did feel a light vibration which we think helped us sleep at night. Have a great cruise. :)

Archived