Really bummed!!!!

ladyluck3436

DH decided we are not going on a cruise this year! We have only been on two cruises, both on the Inspiration, September of 09 and 10. Fell in love with it. I'm jealous of all of you taking a cruise this year. Have fun and enjoy!!!! Have a nice tall drink for me........or two. I will be planning one for September 2012. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.:(

DH decided we are not going on a cruise this year! We have only been on two cruises, both on the Inspiration, September of 09 and 10. Fell in love with it. I'm jealous of all of you taking a cruise this year. Have fun and enjoy!!!! Have a nice tall drink for me........or two. I will be planning one for September 2012. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.:(

Chin up! Things happen for a reason.

Initially my DH and I decided that we were going to save up and wait until May 2012, but then my mother informed me that she was making us go with her on her first cruise. She had to insist :rolleyes: by saying she would pay half of it. God love that woman! :D So what started as a no cruise 2011 is now cruising on 9/11/11.

If something special doesn't work out like it did for us, I promise to have at least two drinks in your honor!

In December DH and I decided it was for the best for us to cancel our March cruise. I was SO bummed! Then after Christmas (and all the added expense) DH came to me and asked me to do some research for April or May. Long story short is I found an AMAZING deal and we are cruising in April. And spending 1/2 as much as we were. All in all things worked out for the best and I am sure it will for you as well.

Aww, I am sorry...

That happened to us and we werent going to go on a cruise this year (other vacation plans to visit out-of-state relatives) but being the sweet talker that I am :p managed to talk him into a short 3 nighter until next year ;) But if something like that isnt possible maybe you can plan one for "next year" and be in the countdown :)

I was disappointed last summer--we always cruise for our anniversary, but DH wanted to stay home. Luckily we get to cruise this June, albeit a short cruise on the Fascination.

You'll need to start some virtual sailaway parties on the boards where everyone joins in and has a Fun Ship Special and watches the webcams. It's not the same as being there, but if you get some cherries, oranges and those little umbrellas, the Fun Ship Special can taste like you're on board. Put on some reggae music and dance in your living room--it's fun!

Then go shopping for your next trip. I highly recommend Alaska or the New England/Canada cruise--two places I can't wait to re-visit!

We didn't cruise last year. It was a bad year for us all the way around. Now that our student loans are paid off (they were like a second mortgage!) and things have settled down, we can cruise again. We have a short one booked for summer and we're looking at longer ones for winter. Things happen. I did have to stay away from CC for a while. It felt like the whole world had tons of disposable income and was cruising except me. ;)

Our last cruise was Dec. 09 and we decided to pay bills this winter instead of vacationing. I have one friend in Cuba and another at Disney right now! It's killing me. At least we are planning to take our next cruise in November 2011, so I'm looking forward to that. I hope time passes quickly until you start planning again!

Decided today I was going to have to cancel my August Splendor cruise..DS (17) had Major surgery to reconstruct his UCL in Jan. The bills are starting to roll in now. Plus he has a minimum of 12 weeks (2Xweek) of physical therapy.

All in all I'm gonna be out of pocket a few thousand dollars. Doubtful I'll get it paid by the end of the year even. So no cruise..

Fortunately I have the one next week, just a weekend, been paid awhile. And a 2 day in Dec. thats paid for. It was all of $300. So I'll still do that one. So sad..:(

Sorry about not being able to take your cruise this year. Just come to cruisecritic, make yourself a cocktail and put on some vacation music at home to get your "fix" instead. Its not the same but at least its something. Sept 2012 will be here before you know it.

Ok, we're a little nuts, but.....we once had a cruise themed party, for no occasion or reason :D. We played tropical music and vacation themed music, played limbo, made canapes from a Carnival recipe, made foo-foo cruise drinks from a Carnival recipe, bought lanyards in bulk from the party store and made sail and sign cards with each guests name on them, etc. We rented the clubhouse in our community (only $20) and decorated it kind of like a luau. We also put up pics from our cruises. The kids loved playing musical chairs and getting little prizes. The adults ended up joining in and having a blast too.

Everyone loved coming to a party where they didn't have to bring a gift, we weren't selling anything, and nothing was expected from them. We were all getting together to have fun and be a little goofy, just like a cruise. :D

We didn't cruise last year. It was a bad year for us all the way around. Now that our student loans are paid off (they were like a second mortgage!) and things have settled down, we can cruise again. We have a short one booked for summer and we're looking at longer ones for winter. Things happen. I did have to stay away from CC for a while. It felt like the whole world had tons of disposable income and was cruising except me. ;)

Like your Avatar and the play on MM. :D

We too had to cut back but now have the opportunity for a Nov 2011 on the Dream and a sort of a back to back on the Paradise and the Legend in Jan 2012.

Like your Avatar and the play on MM. :D

We too had to cut back but now have the opportunity for a Nov 2011 on the Dream and a sort of a back to back on the Paradise and the Legend in Jan 2012.

Thanks :). I just thought it was simple, catchy, and I liked the alliteration. A while back I was bashed because a poster thought it spoke to my character and parenting skills:eek:.

You have quite a few cruises in the line-up. :D

OP I totaly feel your pain. Our last cruise was in 11/2007 and it was a gift for me getting a bachelors degree. Our next one is 10/2011 as it also is a gift this time for a MBA. Its pretty sad when my dad said to me four years ago after getting off the RCI Mariner of the Seas...."Katie if you get your MBA there is a another cruise in it for you". What we CC'ers do to get a cruise...I finished my MBA 12/2010 with a 3.75 then booked an 8 day with a balcony.... :D

What am I going to do next year and the year after that???? I refuse to get a Doctorates....that would have to have an Alaskan BB or Europe BB or something...lol.

Naw...I am just hoping that the degree pays off and I can someday make more than 30 grand a year to go on a cruise paid for by me and DH because we are not spring chickens anymore....38 and 40.

Archived