Dining time changed!

I am booked on the EOS for the March 11 sailing. When I originally booked, the traditional dining times were 5:30 and 8:00. I thought that 5:30 was a little too early, so I opted for the 8pm seating, which I thought was better than 8:30 (too late). When I went on-line to check something in my reservation, I noticed the time was changed to 8:30. I called Royal Caribbean and they told me that they did, in fact, change the dining times and that the early seating was not only sold out, but was closed even for wait listing. I was also told that My Time Dining was sold out, as well.

I'm quite upset about this and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they know if there's anything I can do about this once I get on board or am I just stuck with dining at 8:30? Thanks for any responses.

They changed our dining time on our 2/6 cruise also. On our cruise they did it reverse of yours... it was supposed to be 6p and 8:30p and they changed it to 5:30p and 8:00p. They stated that they changed it due to the demographic of the cruisers on board.

As far as a resolution, you could probably go to the dining room as soon as you board and make a request to be changed. That is your best bet. Good luck and have a great cruise no matter what! We found the staff to be extrodinary this past cruise. :)

Usually on the first night they change the dining hours because of the life boat drill.Then go back to normal times,so the 8 will become the 830 for the rest of the cruise.The 530 may go to 6.Maybe if you contact RCCL there may be time to change to the 6.

Our cruise this month on the Enchantment has changed early dinner from 6 to 5:30 also. No explanation.

And it's not just for the first night-it's for the whole cruise. I have never been on a cruise where the dinner time was changed just for the first night.

Please remember that if you are traveling in the Southern Europe area meal times will be much later as is the local habit. The ships will have a large contingent of locals on board. Many of the restaurants in Spain, for example, start serving dinner at 8.30 pm and go on until midnight. I assume that the ship will be mainly Americans dining at the early seating and Europeans dining at the later one.

When you choose a dining time, you are basically choosing "late seating" or "early seating." The actual times of day can vary over a fairly large range (if you're on a Mediterranean cruise, both times will be later than usual; if you're on a cruise to Canada that attracts mostly seniors, the times will be earlier than usual). It's no help to you now, and I'm sorry that you got stuck with a time you did not want, but in the future, the only helpful advice I can give is never to take the listed dining times as exact. And I echo the previous poster that you can check with the dining room. My experience is that some people sign up for a particular time but then never show up in the dining room at all!

I am booked on the EOS for the March 11 sailing. When I originally booked, the traditional dining times were 5:30 and 8:00. I thought that 5:30 was a little too early, so I opted for the 8pm seating, which I thought was better than 8:30 (too late). When I went on-line to check something in my reservation, I noticed the time was changed to 8:30. I called Royal Caribbean and they told me that they did, in fact, change the dining times and that the early seating was not only sold out, but was closed even for wait listing. I was also told that My Time Dining was sold out, as well.

I'm quite upset about this and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they know if there's anything I can do about this once I get on board or am I just stuck with dining at 8:30? Thanks for any responses.

Go to the dining room when you get onboard and ask if the maitre d' can change you to the earlier seating. It is possible that there will also be someone there who is looking to change from early to late seating so a switch might be possible. If that fails, see if MTD is accepting new guests. If so, you can actually (if you wish to do so) replicate early or late seating by making a reservation for the time that best fits your desires.

Usually on the first night they change the dining hours because of the life boat drill.Then go back to normal times,so the 8 will become the 830 for the rest of the cruise.The 530 may go to 6.Maybe if you contact RCCL there may be time to change to the 6.

Even though what you say is true about dining times on some ships being changed on the first night because of muster drill..........the current dining times on Enchantment for the entire cruise are early seating is at 5:30 and late seating is at 8PM.

The times will go back to 6 and 8:30 with the April 11 cruise to Bermuda.

We are also on the 3/11 Explorer. While we are on my time, there are several in our group either with early or late traditional. When bookings were made - dining times were 6 and 8:30 - when docs arrived - times were 5:30 and 8 - are you saying they are now changed back to 6 & 8:30?

Please remember that if you are traveling in the Southern Europe area meal times will be much later as is the local habit. The ships will have a large contingent of locals on board. Many of the restaurants in Spain, for example, start serving dinner at 8.30 pm and go on until midnight. I assume that the ship will be mainly Americans dining at the early seating and Europeans dining at the later one.

Oh i dont have a problem with it, personally I prefer it. Im a night owl myself.

On Adventure out of Malaga late seating was 9.30pm:eek: (and our tablemates rarely turned up before 9.45pm). MTD was full of Brits trying to change from such a late dining time, and there was no room left on early dining either. We were told they were catering for the Spanish who prefer to eat late. We've booked MTD for 2011:)

Archived