*~Carnival Legend - Tell All Thread!! ~*

We were with a group of 13 last November on the Legend. It was a great cruise to the S. Caribbean with stops in Barbados, St. Marteen, and Matinique. We really enjoyed Barbados and as always there is plenty to do in St. Marteen. Embarkationn in FLL looked like a mess but within an hour we were on the ship and the lines moved quickly. We got there about noon or so........We thouroughly enjoyed the Legend and especially enjoyed the band in Satchmo's Lounge each evening. They are Phillipino and very talented. The shows were good and there was plenty of things to keep you busy. Overall this was a very nice cruise and we had a balcony room on the 8th deck. This meant no guests on balconies above us and all of our friends had rooms beside of each other. And this was our second cruise with Carnival and we are going again on the Triumph in two weeks. You should have a great time. The only negative we had was the mixing of ship's officers and staff with paying customers in the lounges late in the evenings. Some people may like this but we thought they were a bit arrogant in their attiudes. However, that didn't take away from the great cruise..

Anyone have suggestions as to the best way to the NYC pier (other than driving). I live in the NYC area, does anyone know of a shuttle or does Carnival have a shuttle? Thanks.

I live literally a hop, a skip and a jump away from the Jersey City side of the Holland Tunnel.

Since it's just DH and I and we are not heavy packers, we were thinking of taking the ferry to 39th St. and walk to the pier from there or get on the PATH to 33rd St. and hail a cab from there or just to call car service from our doorstep to the pier.

We are probably going to do the car service thing, because the morning we leave we have to take our two babies (a siberian husky and a chow chow) to the kennel :(

Yeah Sandry we checked car service and its a whopping $250 r/t!!!

OMG!!! That's extortion. You may want to call the Carnival number (800 TVL HTLN) to find out if they have alternative suggestions, but I am pretty sure there is no shuttle service (although that would be a good idea IMO).

My name is Chantel and my DH Mike and DM Sharon will be on this cruise. This is our second cruise but 1st one with Carnival. So excited! I can't wait to sail out of NY, what a beautiful site! See ya soon!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where is your bus leaving from?

Yes, I see your name on the list. We are leaving from the fieldhouse. It is great to sail out of NY, the skyline is awesome. We will sail right past the Statue of Liberty. I wish the bus was leaving a little earlier though, the traffic in NY is terrible to say the least. We drove last year, and initially got lost right in the heart of the city. It was like playing leapfrog with taxi cabs. That's why we chose this trip so we don't have to drive up. We left very early last time and we were on the ship by 11:30 am.

I'm sure we will see you there. It is just me and my DW.

See you soon.

thanks for starting this thread, I will be watching it for information. we are booked on her for next Feb.2006.

We just booked last night for the Feb 05, 2006 Sailing !

sooooooooooo excited !!!

Heather & Anthony

Ontario - Canada

Ogie..

what sailing are you on? I am going on the May 29, 2005 sailing of the Legend and live in Central NJ... if you are on the same sailing maybe we could car pool if you have not found another option.

Just a thoguht. I also got a ridiculus price for car service. I think they mentioned $300 r/t!! uugghhh! As it is now I think I am taking the train and then a cab.

Denyce

Hey Denyce;

Thanks for the thought, unfortunately not going out of NYC until SEPT. '06.

I know I'm crazy. I might just buy my friend a dinner at Ruth Chris, that would be about $150, cheaper than the $250 car service.

Don't know where you are in central jersey. But if you heard of Kelly cabs, they were $250 rt.

I'll give you the number if you need.

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all who will be cruising the Legend for the first time - You won't be dissapointed! :D

The Legend was our first cruise in November '03, with a group of about 35 people, and it was wonderful. We've since cruised on the Glory (with a group of 7), which was also fabulous, and when it came time to plan the next cruise, we didn't hesitate to book the Legend again. And so far we have about 12 people in our group for March 1, '06 8-day cruise.

And I feel bad for you guys sailing out of NY -- I had no idea how much it cost to get transportation to the port. :eek: Almost as much as us flying to Fla from NH or Mass! Ouch!

• 3 weeks later...

My son is getting married in August and my husband and I booked the Carnival Legand Eastern Caribean Cruise as a wedding gift for them (for their honeymoon). Just looking for any helpful hints about this cruise and such things as any suggestions for shore excersions, etc.

Thanks Patt

Love this thread. We are leaving July16th and would love to know ANYTHING about this ship. Thanks for all the info so far.

We are going to the Eastern Carribean...any suggestions for excursions?? Mostly love beaches and snorkeling( and LOTS of fruity drinks!!!)

Only 38 more days!!

We also live in s.jersey. Going on The Legend on June 22 group of 10, including cousins from England. taking a limo bus to the pier. over 700.00 but not bad when you split it by 5 couples. Last year we sailed out of NY and we took the train from Trenton to NY for 7.50 then 5.00 for a cab to the pier. The train is very easy, can also grab it at Hamilton or take the new river link to trenton station.

freckles58,

I also love beaches and I highly recommend the Virgin Gorda baths excursion in Tortola. Georgous beach to relax on, plus you can explore the baths which are really neat. Not sure if there is good snorkeling.

In St. Thomas, we went on the St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel excursion, but I thought the travel time to get to the beach took way too long. We only had 1 hour and 15 minutes of beach time (out of a 4 hour excursion). Once there though, the beach was stunning.

You will love the Legend!

Took the May 29th cruise....

Beautiful weather, with not a single drop of rain on us at all three ports and all the days at sea.

They finally opened the water slide up once we arrived in San Juan....

We ate at the Golden Fleece, and it is worth every cent....

Satchemo's by far has the best music on the ship. Billys Bar also very cool piano singer who takes requests and is pretty damn good at anything you throw at him.

Took the Buck Island excursion at St. Thomas and it was a blast. Catamaran ride over to the Island on the "Jolly Mon". Free Rum Punch for the ride back....

Virgin Gorda/Baths excursion was nice as well, the ony downfall is that the trip there and back on the ferry takes a big chunk of your trip. Once your there....its great. Be careful of some of the rocks....

Shows on the ship were every bit of professional. Did not care much for the band by the pool side....Trinidad and Tobago, or something like that. Also allowed too many drunks up on stage to act out their dreams....

kegger,

I was on your cruise and agree about the pool band. They just were not that great and I was so sick of Caribbean music by the end of the trip. I wish they had played more variety by the pool. Even the radio would have been better!

Archived