TO BE OR NOT TO BE "X-RAYED" (luggage at port)

Poohjo

I don't think they are referring to being called to the 'naughty room' or even opening their luggage because of the toys, unless they look like prohibited items, such as somebodiy's Anne Oakley outfit with 6-shooters! I think they are referring to them being seen during airport security checks and if the cruise line opens it due to the 8 bottles of booze underneath the 'toys'.

And by the way, my '**** prescription' is medicine persribed by a real Dr who is just trying to keep me fit.......and happy! And if they did start checking for that, the ship would have to hire 100+ security people to check the 1000+ men's med bottles!

Den

You are correct Den! I was really just wondering if all suitcases were x-rayed. I know if they are, we will not be in the presence of whoever is doing the x-raying, however, my name and cabin number will be on the luggage. My husband is very laid back, but gets embarrassed easily. He is 14 years older than me and I tend to be the outgoing, kinda wild one, hence the reason I posted this and he didn't. :p

You are correct Den! I was really just wondering if all suitcases were x-rayed. I know if they are, we will not be in the presence of whoever is doing the x-raying, however, my name and cabin number will be on the luggage. My husband is very laid back, but gets embarrassed easily. He is 14 years older than me and I tend to be the outgoing, kinda wild one, hence the reason I posted this and he didn't. :p

Fully understand. I'm quite funny and say lots of colorful things on these boards that I would never in person....I mean I tell most people on this Board that I'm a deadringer for Duke Wayne (well, deadringer may be in bad taste considering he Is Dead!), and I'm really more like Groucho Marx, for those closer to my age bracket!

Den

If you insist on bringing irons, please do not post telling us so you don't loose All credibility.

Den

Until you can tell me that all hair curlers, flatirons, hot curling brushes, hair straighteners are banned for passengers and crew alike, the clothes iron ban is relatively pointless. They are all short circuit electrical items that pose the same risks.

It is all about revenue. There are incremental sales to be had. It may not be much, but if you can get $10 for garment pressing from 25% of the cabins on a weekly basis...it does add up.

If cruise lines were really interested in reducing fire safety, they would ban smoking on all ships, and eliminate the sale of all tobacco & related products. That is not going to happen - at least in the near future - smoking does remain the number 1 fire threat on passneger vessels.

I am sorry that you've lost people you know to fire. That's simply horrible. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

But frankly, I just don't give a squat what you think of my credibility. That will be the last comment I make on the iron issue.

Moving on:

I say bring all the delicate little sex toys you want! Bring 'em large, bring 'em small, bring 'em multi-colored, bring 'em all!!

Us Americans are WAY to hung-up when it comes to talking about sex. Everyone's doing it! (mostly) It's like the next big craze...LOL :D

I would venture to say that there are a heckuva lot more homes with toys in a secret drawer that one can imagine!:eek:

Have fun and don't be ashamed.

OK, I'll be the one who responds so new members understand sneaking irons isn't like smuggling booze or bringing fun toys on.

They are prohibited. They can cause fires and have done so. We are all in a 'building' that has no exits.

Den

sure do..

pict0008-hmedium.jpg

Yes... bring it and enjoy... BUT... don't forget to take it home with you:D

On our last Solstice cruise a lady told us that one of these "toys" was left in one of her draws...:eek: when she called housekeeping they removed the whole drawer. She then got champagne every day, invited to cocktail parties and phone calls every day apologizing as they were appalled it wasn't removed when the last occupants left:p

CC

WOW, what a great read this thread was. Definitely made my night more enjoyable. 50 days until my cruise, and it cannot come fast enough.

I am so glad that you enjoyed this thread. I was worried about people getting offended with it. I know there were some who kinda gotta away from the initial question, but it was fun to read and it helped me with my decision.

37 days until our cruise and the "TOYS" are coming. I'll just make sure I take the batteries out before packing them.

Archived