Smart Casual Attire

BRU5

The Celebrity brochure advises that men must wear" long sleeved shirts" to dinner on smart casual nights. Is this what actually occurs in practice? There are some very nice smart casual short sleeve shirts. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know what any brochure says, but the dress code on the website says "shirt must have sleeves". That doesn't specify long sleeves, to me.

You are correct; and, that is the actual practice. However, just to be on the safe side we always pack a couple of long sleeve shirts.

The Celebrity brochure advises that men must wear" long sleeved shirts" to dinner on smart casual nights. Is this what actually occurs in practice? There are some very nice smart casual short sleeve shirts. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe you are reading it incorrectly. It means shirts with sleeves (short or long) as opposed to shirts without any sleeves. A muscle shirt is an example of a sleeveless shirt. Another example would be a man's vest underwear shirt. Just returned from Equinox cruise and saw most men, including myself, in short sleeve shirts.

I've read a lot of threads about smart casual attire, and am pretty happy I know what to pack. But one thing that never seems to get a mention is whether shirts are tucked in or untucked?? or does this not matter?

I prefer an untucked shirt myself, allows more air to circulate :cool:.

I've read a lot of threads about smart casual attire, and am pretty happy I know what to pack. But one thing that never seems to get a mention is whether shirts are tucked in or untucked?? or does this not matter?

I prefer an untucked shirt myself, allows more air to circulate :cool:.

There are no rules as to tucked or untucked and you see both. Hopefully common sense and decent taste will prevail. Since I lack both :rolleyes: I usually just ask my DW and follow her recommendation. Usually I wear Tommy Bahama type shirts and, as phoenix_dream indicated above, they go untucked.

Archived