Possible 1st time with Silverseas...need help!

S&G@C

My husband and I have sailed several times with Regent but the voyage we want to book has been filled. It is our anniversary in the fall and would like to try Silverseas. Can anyone give me a comparison between the two lines and what is included in a typical Silversea voyage.(gratuities, flights, alcohol etc.) Thanks for your help..

We have taken 10 Regent cruises (the latest one in January, 2011). We tried our first Silversea cruise in November, 2010 and have another one booked in May, 2011.

Here is a link to my review and comparison of the Silversea Spirit and Regent. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26982181#post26982181

Keep in mind that Silversea has three different size ships. The thing I liked least about Silversea was the ship. . . . it is quite strange and feels very "plastic". For this reason, we are booked on the Whisper for our next cruise.

We found service on Silversea to be slightly better than on Regent (which is not easy to do). Food in their Italian restaurant was MUCH better than in La Veranda (includes their breakfast and lunch buffet as well as their sit-down dining in the evening). Silversea's equivalent to Compass Rose is about the same in terms of quality.

We do not understand why Silversea has restaurants at an extra cost (Le Champagne and, on the Spirit, an Asian restaurant). We also are puzzled by the fact that they add a small donation to a charity without permission. This is fairly easy to have removed when you get on board.

Although Regent has a special place in our hearts, we completely enjoyed our Silversea experience and look forward to the next one.

Archived