What are music and dancing choices on Emerald?

GIGGIRL

This is our first Princess cruise and my DH and I like to dance and listen to music. We are wondering what venues on the Emerald are best for either, live or otherwise? Is there pop/rock anywhere at night? And are there any bands that play island music by the pool on sea days or jazz or latin music in the clubs/lounges? Thanks much. Can't wait to sail soon!

In the evening, there is usually a dance band in the Wheelhouse (generally rock/pop covers, that sort of thing. Some of them are really good bands -- if you're very lucky, you'll get Phoenix Rising or the ones who were on the Crown in December whose name I forgot, Rhapsody or something like that!). Crooners, the martini bar, will have a lounge singer-type pianist and there'll be a quiet pianist in Adagio (sometimes a duo in the latter). Skywalkers, which is the dance club, will have dj music til the wee hours -- generally good current dance stuff. The djs there are pretty good about playing requests.

In the daytime a band will play out by the main (non-MUTS) pool but only for a brief period, not all day. Sadly, that's one area where Princess has really cut back, is on poolside music. The times they're out there will be listed in the Patters; generally around lunchtime/early afternoon. And always at sailaway from the various ports.

Hope this helps.

Sometimes there will be odd times for dancing, pre-dinner in Explorer's and in the Wheelhouse -- again, check the Patters for times.

I've seen very little Latin music onboard but the Skywalker's dj might have some salsa and so forth so it never hurts to ask.

Archived