Yet Another New Rate Program

afcj1

Just been onto my TA and they say they wont give any OBC as it's for new bookings only :rolleyes:

There's no benefit booking in advance anymore, may as well wait for the offers to flood in :mad:

Just been onto my TA and they say they wont give any OBC as it's for new bookings only :rolleyes:

There's no benefit booking in advance anymore, may as well wait for the offers to flood in :mad:

Are you past final payment? If not, see if you can call CCL direct. Read my post above, I just told them I would cancel my currnet sailing and rebook at the MM price. They did an over ride so I kept my original booking at the MM rate. Now the amount of my final payment is down $300

Are you past final payment? If not, see if you can call CCL direct. Read my post above, I just told them I would cancel my currnet sailing and rebook at the MM price. They did an over ride so I kept my original booking at the MM rate. Now the amount of my final payment is down $300

I'm guessing they did early saver....

I'm not sure how this works. I checked the rate for two people. The only thing available under this rate for interior is the interior upper/lower. I thought these rooms could only accomodate 2 people? I wanted to put 3 people into a porthole but was told that you could only have 2 people in a porthole. When I choose another rate, the other rooms are available and not the upper/lower.

Sorry, you can't put more than 2 people in a porthole room, no matter which rate you use. :( If it makes you feel better in a misery loves company sort of way, it's a bummer for me too - I paid a few bucks more per person for my IS cabin for 3 as my mom did for her PT room on the same ship, same dates.

As far as the interior upper/lower, are you talking about a 1A, or a 4a that has 1 upper and two standard beds? It's surprising that they would try to put 3 people in a 1A cabin set aside for singles. :confused: Maybe your search had "2 guests" listed instead of 3?

It's all very confusing, and I don't think Carnival fully thought this one out. The promotion talks about MM rate being available for 3rd and 4th passengers, but the MM rate shows up for certain categories for just 2 guests as well. Then there's the "Choose Your Room" indicator on the rate initially, and a "Gty cabin" disclaimer on the very next step.

I haven't seen any advertising on their web site or Facebook page about this rate, either. It's almost like it was an afterthought.

Regular price (no discounts)

You should definately be able to get to MM. I went from past guest to the MM rate. They fought with me initially, saying that MM was only for new bookings. I told them I'd be happy to cancel my original booking, and make a new booking under the MM rate just to prove their policy is dumb. They quicky made an exception and adjusted my original booking. As long as you have not made final payment, I would definately call CCL. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you are not having any luck.

You should definately be able to get to MM. I went from past guest to the MM rate. They fought with me initially, saying that MM was only for new bookings. I told them I'd be happy to cancel my original booking, and make a new booking under the MM rate just to prove their policy is dumb. They quicky made an exception and adjusted my original booking. As long as you have not made final payment, I would definately call CCL. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you are not having any luck.

Got this back off my TA

I have called Carnival Cruise Line today on 2 separate occasions. They advised me both times that unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. That promotion that they are offering is for new bookings only. They did also take it to a Supervisor and they advised the same.

Again, I am sorry that there is nothing that we can do. I also want to advise you that cancelling is not a real good option as you are now within the penalty period of Deposit Amount and it would be $750.00.

What a crock..... :rolleyes:

Archived