Yet Another New Rate Program

afcj1

I was just checking prices on my Imagination cruise and saw where they have a new rate program.

It's called More = Merrier. It's the best price I've seen since ES, that has been gone for quite some time.

Check your cruises...

I was just checking prices on my Imagination cruise and saw where they have a new rate program.

It's called More = Merrier. It's the best price I've seen since ES, that has been gone for quite some time.

Check your cruises...

wow, great i am checking now. I will update soon

I was excited when I read this thread, thinking it might affect our Elation pricing. But I don't see anything about "more = merrier". I checked the Imagination dates in your signature and don't see a "more = merrier" rate on either of your dates. Did you see this on the Carnival fare viewer or someplace else? Thx.

I was excited when I read this thread, thinking it might affect our Elation pricing. But I don't see anything about "more = merrier". I checked the Imagination dates in your signature and don't see a "more = merrier" rate on either of your dates. Did you see this on the Carnival fare viewer or someplace else? Thx.

This promotion seems to be just a lower fare for 3rd and 4th in same cabin. I don't think it's really anything special.

The link to it on goccl site says:

Let your clients know with spring right around the corner and Carnival FUN in the air – the kind where smiles and laughter are contagious, now is the time for them to plan a Carnival Cruise with friends and family so they can share the good times and big savings! Simply book March 2nd through March 15th and your clients will receive discounted rates on all staterooms with 3 or more guests on select spring sailings!

This promotion seems to be just a lower fare for 3rd and 4th in same cabin. I don't think it's really anything special.

Thanks John. Actually we have 2 Elation cabins, one of them has 4 people in it and I was able to see the more/merrier fare. Sadly, doesn't save us money. Thanks for the post OP.

Carnival website says this re: restrictions...

FUN in Numbers

Come one, come all - family and friends. We really like it when guests come together to vacation on our "Fun Ships". But just remember, our More = Merrier fares carry a minimum occupancy requirement per cabin. Cancellation of one or more guests in a cabin may cause fare adjustments for the remaining guests booked in that cabin. Once the adjustment has been made, a final payment, in full, of the recalculated fare for all guests remaining in that cabin is due by 11:59:59 p.m. EST, the evening before the start of the cancellation penalty period.

Failure to make timely final payment in full of the recalculated fare will result in automatic cancellation of the reservation for the entire cabin.

I was checking pricing on my upcoming April cruise and did a fake 3-person booking on a balcony cabin and saw the More=Merrier rate. It didn't appear on the Interior stateroom rate list.

I then did a fake 2-person booking on an IS for the same cruise and guess what? Yep! The More=Merrier rate appeared! :eek:

So weird!

The link to it on goccl site says:

Let your clients know with spring right around the corner and Carnival FUN in the air – the kind where smiles and laughter are contagious, now is the time for them to plan a Carnival Cruise with friends and family so they can share the good times and big savings! Simply book March 2nd through March 15th and your clients will receive discounted rates on all staterooms with 3 or more guests on select spring sailings!

I emailed PVP to ask how long it will be around. It isn't showing up on my Oct sailing even with a fake 4 pax booking.

Its says select spring sailings is why I was thinking it was only close in sailings.

I wouldnt expect it in Oct, sorry.

I'm going as a solo which is how I found it, but I had forgotten that I had entered 1 pax. Then I entered 2 pax on another cruise and it came up, so it's NOT just for solos or 3 or more pax.

It's the typical CCL pricing where there's no rhyme nor reason as to what you might find:rolleyes:

Its says select spring sailings is why I was thinking it was only close in sailings.

I wouldnt expect it in Oct, sorry.

Yes, I read that too but it never hurts to ask, it may show back up later and she could let us know.

I don't need it then anyway, I really wanted to know if it came around more than once a year and when...You know I am planning a family cruise.

Yes, I read that too but it never hurts to ask, it may show back up later and she could let us know.

I don't need it then anyway, I really wanted to know if it came around more than once a year and when...You know I am planning a family cruise.

She wouldnt know if they will bring a sale back. ..this is the first time for this particular sale rate to be offered...if its a success, it probably will be back.

good luck.

This reduced our total rate for 4 in our cabin by $340! OBC Baby!! I'll take it!... We are sailing in May. I haven't found ANY reducement of rates (we booked last July on ES and got a great rate)... Now, seeing one lower is exciting... Filled out the form (fingers crossed!) :D

Sounds like its only applies to close in sailings?

And I would think that too, which leads me to also think that for those who are finding that it affects their cruise date, they may have already made final payments and unless booked originally under the ES fares, would not get any OBC for the reduction.

That's the way I read it, too.

It's special fares for 3/4 sharing in the cabin.

I'm not sure how this works. I checked the rate for two people. The only thing available under this rate for interior is the interior upper/lower. I thought these rooms could only accomodate 2 people? I wanted to put 3 people into a porthole but was told that you could only have 2 people in a porthole. When I choose another rate, the other rooms are available and not the upper/lower.

SO...little interesting experience with this More = Merrier rate plan.

I originally had deck 11 for our Dream sailing. Today I noticed that the MM rate has dropped quite a bit. I check the rates daily and although the MM was available for a few days, it wasnt until today that it dropped this low.

So, it would require I move from deck 11 to 7, but I was FWD either way on a balcony so I really didnt care. Plus, I'd rather pocket the extra $300

Here is the interesting thing, when I called to change, they asked "What rate plan are you looking at?" And I said "MM". And they said "Oh I'm sorry sir, that's only for new bookings...:mad:

WELL...I said..."Lucky for me I haven't made final payment yet :cool:, so we can either over ride that or I'd be happy to cancel, and book again on deck 7 in a new reservation to get the MM rate :D

Can you say supervisor over ride? :)

Archived