Atlantis on Thanksgiving Day 2011

Malibubaby

We are booked on the Carnival Pride for November and will be in Nassau on Thanksgiving Day. We wanted to go to the Pirate Museum, then over to Atlantis to tour the aquarium and then probably end up at Senor Frogs if time allows. We were just going to get taxis and do this all on our own. We will have 2 kids with us age 9 and 7. Hubby and I have been to Atlantis before, but booked through the cruise line last time. Never did any excursions on our own before but this is the first cruise we are taking the kids with us and didn't want to be tied to a group in case they get bored or tired. Do you think that we will have a problem getting day passes at Atlantis on the holiday? Or do you think there will be closures/less taxis etc. (i'm not sure, but I didn't think they celebrated Thanksgiving as it is a U.S. holiday). Sorry I overthink everything! Any tips or advice welcome! :)

We are booked on the Carnival Pride for November and will be in Nassau on Thanksgiving Day. We wanted to go to the Pirate Museum, then over to Atlantis to tour the aquarium and then probably end up at Senor Frogs if time allows. We were just going to get taxis and do this all on our own. We will have 2 kids with us age 9 and 7. Hubby and I have been to Atlantis before, but booked through the cruise line last time. Never did any excursions on our own before but this is the first cruise we are taking the kids with us and didn't want to be tied to a group in case they get bored or tired. Do you think that we will have a problem getting day passes at Atlantis on the holiday? Or do you think there will be closures/less taxis etc. (i'm not sure, but I didn't think they celebrated Thanksgiving as it is a U.S. holiday). Sorry I overthink everything! Any tips or advice welcome! :)

If you are just going for the DIGS tour, you shouldn't have a problem, Day passes would be another story, as I'm pretty sure they blacked out sale of DP's during Thanksgiving weekend last season.

Everything else should be open as usual. Most restaurants etc in the tourist area "celebrate" thanksgiving with dinner specials etc.

Archived