Question about Sky deck on Summit

JRockey76

I am getting ready to book our cruise on the Summit for November, and will be booking a concierge room. I am looking at rooms on the sky deck, but was wondering if these rooms can be noisy because they are right below the resort deck with the pool and everything. What rooms are best for concierge level?

I had 9038 and loved it because it has a bigger balcony (which we love). We heard some noise from above during the day but nothing at night. My solution is bringing earplugs so I sleep no matter what.

The previous poster had an excellent cabin.

We had 9124 on Millennium recently (regular size balcony), identical to Summit. We chose further aft so as not to be under the pool area. We heard absolutely no noise from the buffet above. Loved being just one deck away from the buffet.

We had quite the overhang, however, which I didn't love, but got used to throughout the cruise. It was a challenge trying to take pictures from our verandah and not have the support beams be in the pictures! Also, no sun on the deck, which you may love, but surprisingly, it did not seem dark in the cabin.

If I were to have one suggestion, when choosing a cabin on Sky particularly near the aft of the ship, it would be to try to get one between the bump-outs above. They seem to have a little more view to the sky. Our cabin just happened to be one of these as was the one next door (9122). Others on the starboard side similarly situated are 9130, 9132, 9138, 9140 and 9150. I'm not sure of the cabins going more forward as my photo only has a close-up of this end of the ship. I tried to attach the photo, but it "failed." If DH can help me figure it out later tonight, I will do so.

Diane

Here is a picture of the aft starboard side of Millennium. You can count the balconies and compare to the deck plan to find one with less of an overhang. I am standing on the 16th balcony from the left (aft of ship) in the first picture and that is cabin 9124. Half the veranda was under the angled edge of a bump-out and the other half was more open. If you follow the dividers up to the roof line it is easier to see how much covering each balcony has.

IMG_3738.jpg.228748a579610aed994e6046fc01adda.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg.1a88e51fc916da68ba0d4a10ee32fd6f.jpg

Archived