For those who have used the FCC...OBC question

TortieGal

I purchased one a couple of sailings ago but haven't used it. How is the OBC applied? Whenever we've done CC group cruises, OBC is split between the guests in the cabin. Since the OBC from the FCC is also per cabin, do they divide it up? Only reason I ask is because though I like my friend, I'm not sharing my OBC. :D

Thanks!!

I purchased one a couple of sailings ago but haven't used it. How is the OBC applied? Whenever we've done CC group cruises, OBC is split between the guests in the cabin. Since the OBC from the FCC is also per cabin, do they divide it up? Only reason I ask is because though I like my friend, I'm not sharing my OBC. :D

Thanks!!

I think that is how it is done- although it is odd. I had to tell my sister that it was mine- all mine!!! So, let your friend know that there is this quirky policy and no- it is not actually hers (his?) and arrange for your friend to pay you for it.

Since it says its based on double occupancy, and if you were going solo, you would only get half the OBC ...Iv always shared the OBC and been ok with it.

You might have to warn her and have her go to the pursers desk and ask to have it applied to your account if it posts on hers. ..actually half is hers in a way, since you wouldnt get it if she wasnt in the cabin with you?? But maybe Carnival has changed this, or so Iv read a few times, that solos should now be getting 100% of the FCC.

When I called to use mine, they insisted I split the OBC with my son. I said ok, since I am paying for his anyway, but I insisted the $100 off be applied to my cruise, just in case something happens and my son can't go. If it were my sister or the friends I cruise with, I would tell them that is my credit. :D

Since it says its based on double occupancy, and if you were going solo, you would only get half the OBC ...Iv always shared the OBC and been ok with it.

You might have to warn her and have her go to the pursers desk and ask to have it applied to your account if it posts on hers. ..actually half is hers in a way, since you wouldnt get it if she wasnt in the cabin with you?? But maybe Carnival has changed this, or so Iv read a few times, that solos should now be getting 100% of the FCC.

True, didn't think about the double occupancy point. And I also wasn't thinking think the $100 I paid for the FCC would be reducing the cost for both of us.

She's going to owe me lots of drinks. :)

Archived