Aggravated w/ my toddler

nrs377

Both my boys (1 1/2 and 2 1/2) have ALWAYS cried when we got their pictures taken. We took them today for passport pictures and we got the youngest on my lap taken, but my other was horrible. We tried everything and no luck. I know we don't need passports but we'd like to have them, I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? TIA

Any chance you can take along another family member or friend to stand behind the photographer and distract the child with a toy or something colorful to look at while the photographer takes the picture? Something that plays music may get the child's attention long enough to get the pciture

took me a very loing time to get my almost 2 year olds picture taken for the passport. it was a nightmare. the woman would not take it if it was not straight forward and not crying. i did finally get it after i offered a snack ...still not a great picture

We made it a fun/special trip (nothing like a fun 2 hr trip to the post office on a Sat morning). I gave the girls animal crackers and twizzlers while we were standing in line. Then once we got in the room to take pictures the 2 year old saw all three of us (mommy, daddy and big sister) getting our pictures. Her older sister who's 6 was so excited about it that she couldn't wait for her chance to get her picture taken. But normally she's like your kids, she cries almost anytime we get her picture taken by a studio.

You did not really mention what type of facility you went to for the pictures. If I were you, I would try one of the portrait studios that work with children all the time - Sears, Walmart, etc. They should have the experience to get the photo. You might also try getting the picture on the way to some activity your child lkes - we will go to Grandmas as soon as we finish here . . . Good luck.

I don't know about you, but the Walmart near us isn't exactly great with little kids when they are crying :(

Is there a portrait photographer near you who also does passport photos? That way you could be in a quiet studio where there is the most chance of getting a good photo.

Good luck, I actually have the opposite problem: my toddler is so stone-faced with strangers he got his on the first try, but my 5yo was a nightmare. Oh the trials of travelling with young kids lol!

You did not really mention what type of facility you went to for the pictures. If I were you, I would try one of the portrait studios that work with children all the time - Sears, Walmart, etc. They should have the experience to get the photo. You might also try getting the picture on the way to some activity your child lkes - we will go to Grandmas as soon as we finish here . . . Good luck.

We went to the local government building, court, etc. I left him in the stroller, strapped in and she put a white sheet behind him so the color from the stroller would not show and he did great. The greatest part was having him strapped in! I would try that.

Archived