Debit Card Authorizations

rjpolly

A "cash account"? Now that sounds like a plan! If anyone cares to share how that works, I'd appreciate it.

Also...why should we NOT use a debit card I wonder. I suppose something to do with those autorizations. Hmmm.

It's easy. I use cash all the time.

When you check in, they will ask for a credit card imprint. Just tell them you are setting up a cash account on board...no problem...lots of people do that.

Once you board the ship, head for the Guest Services desk and tell them you want to set up a cash account. Then, give them the amount you want to start with and they'll do the rest. Now, for a 7 day cruise, the recommended amout to begin with is 200.00 per person. Keep in mind that the first thing that will be charged is the gratuities, which is 10.00 per person per day..so 70.00 EACH on a 7-day.

Here are a few good links for Carnival that will explain it to you:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_sail_and_sign_boardingcard.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/148446.aspx

Everything on the ship is charged to your Sign & Sail account. No cash is taken except for misc tipping....

It's a piece of cake. In addition, using cash doesn't affect your checking account like a debit card would. You don't want a hold on your debit card that might prevent you from using ATM machines during the week.

Have a great time...and come back to let us know how much you enjoyed your vacation.....

Just a question regarding the s&s card......does this mean that anything bought in the gift shops onboard are charged to it or can you use cash to pay for souvenirs?

Nope. The ship is like a cashless society LOL YOu have to use your S&S card on board. No other option.

Nope. The ship is like a cashless society LOL YOu have to use your S&S card on board. No other option

I didn't realize this, thank you. I figured you could just shop! Now I know I can really shop! lol.my DH is gonna hate that

It's easy. I use cash all the time.

When you check in' date=' they will ask for a credit card imprint. Just tell them you are setting up a cash account on board...no problem...lots of people do that.

Once you board the ship, head for the Guest Services desk and tell them you want to set up a cash account. Then, give them the amount you want to start with and they'll do the rest. Now, for a 7 day cruise, the recommended amout to begin with is 200.00 per person. Keep in mind that the first thing that will be charged is the gratuities, which is 10.00 per person per day..so 70.00 EACH on a 7-day.

Here are a few good links for Carnival that will explain it to you:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_sail_and_sign_boardingcard.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/148446.aspx

Everything on the ship is charged to your Sign & Sail account. No cash is taken except for misc tipping....

It's a piece of cake. In addition, using cash doesn't affect your checking account like a debit card would. You don't want a hold on your debit card that might prevent you from using ATM machines during the week.

Have a great time...and come back to let us know how much you enjoyed your vacation.....[/quote']

Thank you so much for the info! So a sign and sail...that is like one big charge at the end then? When would I use the S & S and when would I use the cash account? Hmmm, seems like the more I learn, the more questions I have. :confused:

Archived