Carnival Just Called....ecstasy Is Delayed!!

karenh1127

I just got a phone call from Carnival and was told the Ecstasy was having propulsion problems and would be delayed for our departure tomorrow!!:eek: We were told to arrive at pier at 7pm for an 8:30 sailing! They said they were having mechanics waiting in Galveston to fix the problem. So instead of arriving at 11am like I planned........???? I dont want to get there at the same time as 2000 other people. What about dinner? Do we not get our first dining room experience tomorrow? Will they give us any shipboard credit? This is our first cruise and I just cant believe this is happening!! Anyone experience this?

I just got a phone call from Carnival and was told the Ecstasy was having propulsion problems and would be delayed for our departure tomorrow!!:eek: We were told to arrive at pier at 7pm for an 8:30 sailing! They said they were having mechanics waiting in Galveston to fix the problem. So instead of arriving at 11am like I planned........???? I dont want to get there at the same time as 2000 other people. What about dinner? Do we not get our first dining room experience tomorrow? Will they give us any shipboard credit? This is our first cruise and I just cant believe this is happening!! Anyone experience this?

Probably a ship-board credit, but I don't believe it's required, as it's only a late boarding/departure. Just be happy you aren't flying in at 11 AM in the morning, and have no where to go for 8 hours..!

Hey Fred, where's the closest bar.. :rolleyes:

We experienced this last July on the Legend. There were a few threads going at the time. They will open the dining room (hopefully) and have the buffet going but it will be very very crowded. You just have to make the best of it and not it ruin your vacation. We got a $20 pp shipboard credit towards the lunch we missed. Big Deal. They also delayed the lifeboat drill stuff until the next morning. That kind of screwed up lunch so that was crowded too.

We were delayed on the Miracle 2/13 cruise. Boarding was supposed to be at 1:30, we got on at 6PM... no, no shipboard credit, no acknowledgement. Dinner was open seating, some ate early, some ate late... mass confusion and chaos. The drill was scheduled for the next morning at 9:30. No ports were delayed or changed... believe me, they build in plenty of time.

Just think positive. Better that they fix the problem than ship break down & you miss some ports. I know it's hard but please try not to stress over it. The wait will be well worth it once you get on the ship. Hope you have a great cruise. :D

Pack your patience, and just look at the bright side of things. Anything less that that can ruin it for you. Be optimistic at best. And try to get that optimism shared, or things can get ugly, with that mob mentality.

Let me spend an extra day on a ship anyday :p I remember being SOOOO jealous of those that got their cruise extended by a few days during the storms... I'm never ready to go home!! Then again, I always have travel insurance so the flight is never an issue... just let me stay on the ship!!!!! :D

I really wish they'd do this all the time. I'd be much happier sitting around the ship for several hours during disembarkation with a good meal in me. Maybe get the steel drum band out on deck and have a little party. Dragging my butt outta bed, shoveling down whatever breakfast I can tolerate, and then sitting for 4 hours is not my ideal way to end a vacation. :rolleyes:

Of course, this wouldn't be so good as a surprise. Hopefully they pushed everything back and didn't force everybody out of their cabins in the morning, pick up all the luggage last night, etc...

Hmmm... I wonder if these pax can get a pizza to go? :D

When you look on the forums does it seem to you that more of the Carnival ships are having "engine" problems. As for people tht like to come back late and don't mind the extra shipboard time, I wonder how they would feel if they missed their flight and had to hassle with the airlines about catching another one, and any possible extra expense. Sorry, but when something happens that is connected to something like a ship the cruise company should be held responsible and compensate. They definitely like to brag about all the good things that they are responsible for, well take it for the bad things too.

Jim

If it caused the people to miss their flights, then Carnival should definitely make up any difference they had to pay to the airline and any hotel expenses.

Would cruise insurance help in a case such as this?

As for people tht like to come back late and don't mind the extra shipboard time, I wonder how they would feel if they missed their flight and had to hassle with the airlines about catching another one, and any possible extra expense.

Well (and here goes again :p ) if you have travel insurance (I swear I should be paid by these companies :p ) there is no extra expense and the travel insurance covers those expenses and all is good :D IMHO, anyone that travels WITHOUT travel insurance, should NOT be traveling... As we have seen just in the past few days, ANYTHING can happen...

Archived