RC Mass?

Boatingmom

Just wondering how I find out if there is a Catholic Mass onboard on Easter Sunday onboard the Legend. If not, I'll have to try to make it to Sacred Heart Cathedral in DT Tampa very, very early Easter morning before embarking. Hey... I have to say thanks for the cruise and get my halo polishedif you know what I mean:p

The ship will not provide a specific catholic mass, but like my last cruise, we had both religious groups onboard. My tablemates meet up with the catholic group and went to mass onboard ...but you would have to find this out from your specific roll call ahead of time to know if you should go before you leave on the cruise.

Regarding Catholic Mass on Easter Sunday, to be sure you attend Mass...you probably need to go before boarding the ship. Carnival does not go out of their way to make sure there is a priest onboard. However, Carnival's Italian cousin, Costa Cruise Lines did have a priest onboard as a regular ship's officer and we did attend a trilingual (English, Spanish and Italian) Mass. You have a couple of options, check of the website for the Diocese of St Petersburg/Sacred Heart for Mass times or consider attending Easter Vigil Mass on saturday night.

We also cruise on Easter (which is a little weird for me). We are not attending mass, we have to drop the doggies off at the sitters, then rush down to port. Weirdly, we just discussed this at dinner last night.

Just wondering how I find out if there is a Catholic Mass onboard on Easter Sunday onboard the Legend. If not, I'll have to try to make it to Sacred Heart Cathedral in DT Tampa very, very early Easter morning before embarking. Hey... I have to say thanks for the cruise and get my halo polishedif you know what I mean:p

While I cannot be sure the odds of Mass being celebrated on the ship on embarkation day are pretty slim.

I am not sure why you are thinking you are going to have to go to Mass very early. The ship does not sail until late in the afternoon. Find a nice church, go to Mass at a reasonable time, and then go to the ship around 1:00 and have a nice Easter lunch. There is no reason to kill yourself being on board early, there is not much to do except eat and drink anyway. I cannot think of a more exciting way to begin a vacation than by celebrating Mass first!

Thanks for all the info. The only reason we have to attend Mass early is because we have to return the rent a car which is due back at 10:00 am. Saturday is also a busy day & DH is Protestant so I dont want to inconvenience him.

I agree it is a litle weird planning for a cruise on Easter instead of coloring eggs in advance and hunting them down Easter morning.

Not to mention how in the world will the Easter Bunny find us?:eek:

Archived