Independence will be sailing again from Southampton 2012

Elizanessie

There were rumours going round that the Indy would be going back to the US in 2012....well, if she is..then it will be very late in 2012.

Sailings for her for the Summer of 2012 are starting to show up on UK TA sites (which we cannot name here) although booking doesn't open up until 16th March.

The last sailing currently showing is 11th Nov 2012 -11 nights....so it will be interesting to see if she goes back across the pond then. I don't think the Winter 18 nighters sold very well.

So if you are planning to sail on the Indy in the summer of 2012 ..keep your eyes pealed for more details coming out very soon.

They probably still made more money on those 18 nighters than they would in the Caribbean and two TA's to get there and back, the 2009 Oct TA was very cheap

They might be better teaming up with an airline and flying people south of the Bay but finding a port to home in and new logistics could be an issue.

The other option is shorter trips EX UK but the weather is an issue due to the lack of indoor pool space

I cannot find anything later than April 2012 on any UK sites. Where am I going wrong?

Search engines are best way to find the sailings...thats what I did.

Although those sites I have seen may have incorrect info...so until RCCL publishes their sailings please dont take the other sites as totally correct.

Last year there was so many mistakes and changes when the new sailings started coming out..oh yea and then RCCL changed their minds on some.

I never could understand how these TAs could publish the info before RCCL did...weird :confused:

It is my understanding that RCI will open sales for these sailings on 16 March. I believe that travel agents may only be taking advance registrations at this time.

Yes you are correct..16th March.

It is though rather nice though isn't it to actually be able to see on the TA sites that the Independence will remain here next summer. :D

By 2012 the Indy will be getting on for 4+ years old and maybe due for a refurbishment (?) so I would expect it not to be still in UK by winter 2012, else that could explain the gaps already identified in May 2012 onwards....

Just completed an 18 nighter and last time on this ship was october 2008 and found the ship just as nice, and minimal wear and tear.

C&P from RCI

14 Night Mediterranean Treasures Cruise

2012 DEPARTURE DATES:

OCT 06 Ports of Call:

Southampton, England; Gibraltar; Cannes (Monte Carlo), France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma De Mallorca, Spain; Alicante, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Vigo, Spain; Southampton, England

So if the Indy goes over the Pond, does that mean there will be a Transatlantic to come back. I have been thinking of doing one of these was looking at USA back to Barcelona. I know the Jewel Sails back to Harwich.

So if the Indy goes over the Pond, does that mean there will be a Transatlantic to come back. I have been thinking of doing one of these was looking at USA back to Barcelona. I know the Jewel Sails back to Harwich.

At this time...no one knows what is going to happen with Indy at the end of next year.

I did the Navigator Transatlantic from Malaga to Miami in 2009..loved it.

I was looking for one for this year but sadly none of them fit in with my Allure B2B in December.

Just googled and come up with this, Didn't want to post site as not sure if it breaks rules, Anyway ive copied and pasted this below.

Hoping to sail on her for the 1st time, So very happy about the 2012 sailings! :D

Independence of the Seas stays in UK in 2012 with pegged prices

royal-caribbean-international-logo.png

Royal Caribbean International's Independence of the Seas will continue cruising out of Southampton in 2012 for the third successive year.

And the price of many of the new sailings are to be held at 2011 prices.

independence_promenade_350x525.jpg The programme, which goes on sale on March 16, has a more focused choice of European and Mediterranean sailings.

Independence of the Seas, pictured, was launched in Southampton in 2008 and has proved popular with British cruisers.

Once again, prices lead in at just £299 for the popular Paris (Le Havre) sailing aimed at first-time cruisers – the same as in 2011.

Another ‘taster’ option, a four-night Cork sailing, also remains at the great value price of £359.

Jo Rzymowska, general manager for the UK and Ireland, explained: “While the short cruises are extremely popular with first time cruisers, feedback from guests is that Independence of the Seas really comes into its own on longer trips – people can make the most of the facilities and get into their holiday.

“The two-week-long Mediterranean Treasures and Italian Mediterranean itineraries form the bulk of the summer period, and represent cracking value – prices for cruises in 2012 are in line with past years and customers can benefit from our offer of free car parking at Southampton or low-priced regional transfers.”

Highlights of the new 2012 cruises

Two 14-night Mediterranean options (Mediterranean Treasures and Italian Mediterranean), leading in at £1,149. The Mediterranean Treasures sailing has the option of either a Cannes/Monte Carlo or Provence (Toulon) call

11-night Spain and Canary Islands cruises, featuring Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Madeira and La Coruna, from £749

The return of a ten-day dedicated Canary Islands cruise from £849 Free car parking and £99 regional connection flights are available on all bookings made before May 31 on sailings of ten nights or longer

Archived