Transfer to port in Palma Majorca

Hi, we're going on the Dream on 9th April around the Med.

My daughter is on a school trip the week before so is flying independently to PMI from Malaga.

Unfortunately she is arriving at a time when no other Thomson flights are coming in and we won't be arriving for another 4 hours.

I'm going to book her a private transfer from the airport to the port so that she doesn't have to wait for hours at the airport for us to arrive. It's the first time she's flown anywhere on her own and is a bit nervous.

My question is where exactly in the port is the Thomson ship berthed? If she gets a taxi, will she be able to find the ship easily?

Thanks for reading this.

Hi, we're going on the Dream on 9th April around the Med.

My daughter is on a school trip the week before so is flying independently to PMI from Malaga.

Unfortunately she is arriving at a time when no other Thomson flights are coming in and we won't be arriving for another 4 hours.

I'm going to book her a private transfer from the airport to the port so that she doesn't have to wait for hours at the airport for us to arrive. It's the first time she's flown anywhere on her own and is a bit nervous.

My question is where exactly in the port is the Thomson ship berthed? If she gets a taxi, will she be able to find the ship easily?

Thanks for reading this.

Hi,

The port is at most a 10/15 minute drive from the airport. You can see the ship berthed at the far end as you sweep around the bay (sea on your left, Cathedral on your right). Tell your daughter to look for the blue funnel with the Thomson logo (smiley face) and she'll be able to see where she's aiming for. I'm not absolutely certain which berth the Dream will have on that date and the entrance to the port is along a walk-way to the ships' berths so I guess the taxi driver will drop her at the end of the dock (at the bus stop). But the port entrance is obvious and as I say I'm sure she'll have sight of her destination as the taxi approaches and it's always reassuring to be able to spot your target!

By the way, it might be worth ringing Thomson ahead of time to their 'Special Assistance' team on 0871 2300204 to just pre-warn them of your daughter's arrangements. I don't know how old she is but she will have to register before she can get on the ship so it may be as well to alert them to the fact that one your party will be arriving separately. This may not be the right team/number to ring but they should be able to allay any of you concerns and at least give you a different number should you need to inform any one else. It may be totally unnecessary and it may be a frequent occurence for them but you will obviously want to know she can get on the ship safely and easily to await your arrival. I'm sure there won't be any problems at all but you'll both feel more confident if all the bases are covered.

Enjoy your trip! :)

jaceyar,

Have used private transfers on a number of occassions and is straight forward.Only slight difference is, your looking airport to port where we were airport to hotel and hotel to port.We used A2B transfers(bookable online)and they know the script.We were picked up from hotel,taken directly to port/ Thomson registration.Driver got out, informed Thomson rep and we were taken to the front of registration :D

Archived