Chankanaab

apmecruise

My daughter really wants to swim with the dolphins and I really want to go to the ruins...guess who will win this one? Anyway I am wondering how the dolphin adventure and Chankanaab are? This is the last thing we will be doing on our cruise. Also if one person is doing the encounter and another doing the royal...are they different groups entirely or do you do part together and then split off at some point? Thanks for your help

You are in different groups entirely. They are done in different areas also. My daughter and I did the encounter and my husband did the royal with our older kids. The times weren't exactly the same so we were finished as they were getting started. We were able to see them doing the "Two Dolphin" push (not sure of the name of it) from the sidewalk area. It was a good distance out but we could see them.

It was nice, a once in a life time thing. This was the only one we have ever done so I can't compare but we enjoyed it. Too expensive to do again though. Also, it is annoying how they make sure you do not take any of your own pictures then try to see you very expensive ones.

It may depend on the time of year. We were just there last month. DH and 6 year old did the Encounter and the rest of us did the Swim Adventure (not the Royal). Both were at 1pm. We ended up in the same area about 15 feet apart. I had a disposable underwater camera. I was able to take pictures of all of us (both groups). They never stopped me. It was once in a lifetime experience and we loved it. We booked before January, so we did not have to book through Carnival. I just called the number on the website.

Archived