To Vaporetto from departure terminal

wim48

How can I (wheelchairpatient) from the departure terminal to the Vaporetto for visit San Marco (at walk)?

Can I use a Vaporetto as wheelchairpatient and are the crew helping me into a Vaporetto?

When you say departure terminal, should we assume you mean at the airport?

The vaporetto does not serve the airport, but Alilaguna water buses do. http://www.alilaguna.it/index.en.html

There is a path from the airport to the dock and if you arrange for wheelchair assistance at the airport, they will take you all the way to the dock.

I can't say from experience that the Alilaguna personnel would help (we used a private water taxi on that trip), but I assume they would.

When you say departure terminal, should we assume you mean at the airport?

Yes, because my flight to home is on 9.30pm, so I have 7 houres and than can I visit Venice. Is the path also from the departure terminal (I give my luggage at the departure terminal and there is a special van that bring my from the ship to the departure terminal).

Venice airport isn't that big, so you shouldn't have a problem getting from dropping off your luggage to the dock.

Seven hours prior to a flight you likely won't be able to check your luggage, but there is a left luggage office you can use. Be sure to leave yourself enough time on the return to pick up your luggage and then check in.

We are certainly no experts on the use of wheelchairs, but getting around Venice is a challenge for anyone with mobility issues. In many cases you need to walk over small bridges which often have slopes and even some steps. That being said, from the Marco Polo airport you would probably do best by taking a land taxi to the Piazale Roma (this is as far as land taxis can go in Venice). The P. Roma has a large Vaporetto dock as well as a major ACTV Office (the vaporetto company) where you might be able to get some good info and advice on using a wheelchair in Venice. Keep in mind that Italy does not have anything even close to the ADA which is quite unfortunate.

Hank

I can't left my luggage with that Office.

I know that Venice not friendly for wheelchairpatients. But I've seen that the company Alilaguna bring passengers to San Marco. Than can we stay and walk at the San Marco. Because what do you 7 houres at the airport.

Where can I find good/a lot information for the way from the airport to the place of the water bus of Alilaguna?

Thanks.

Getting to the Alilaguna dock at the airport does involve some distance, but might work with a wheelchair. Here is a link to an on-line map which should help you find the way....and there are some signs along the route inside the airport.

http://www.venicebanana.com/eng/mapaer.htm

You might want to see if you get better help on the "Special Interest Cruises" Disabled board. You should be fine in St Marks Square and can also explore some of the smaller streets that run into the square. Just a heads-up to avoid the large outdoor cafes located in St Marks Square where you can actually spend more then $10 for a single cup of coffee.

:)

Hank

Archived