Crescent city Limo's in New Orleans- Anyone ever used them?

kywildcat

We have received a very reasonable quote from them for our transportation from the airport to the ship in April. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company? I remember reading on past threads about a limo company to avoid, but don't recall their name? I'd appreciate any help.

Hi stranger. Nice to see you again. Wish we had known you were going to be in Nola then...we are planning a mini S&S reunion for June. What date are you sailing and which ship? Hopefully we will get to meet someday soon. :D

Hi Brenda!

Great hearing from you. Have had so much going on lately that I haven't been around much. I am cruising on the Sensation with my 13 sis-in-laws April 28th. We are doing this to celebrate the oldest ones birthday and it should be a blast!! Wish I could meet you all in NOLA. One of these days.

Am still considering S&S II but that is so far away! What did you use for transportation?

Hi Brenda!

Great hearing from you. Have had so much going on lately that I haven't been around much. I am cruising on the Sensation with my 13 sis-in-laws April 28th. We are doing this to celebrate the oldest ones birthday and it should be a blast!! Wish I could meet you all in NOLA. One of these days.

Am still considering S&S II but that is so far away! What did you use for transportation?

We stayed at Hilton-Riverside & took cabs. $7 pp to pier. Airport transportation was very expensive. Not bad if shared but alone was outrageous. Hope ya'll have a wonderful time and we hope to meet you soon.

Will be cruising on the Sensation on May 7. Just wondering what the taxi fare cost is from the airport to the criuse terminal, or if their are any reasonable aternativetives.

First time cruising out of NO, thanks for any help.

If I remember correctly a taxi is $12 per person... the shuttle is a good idea if you are not in a huge hurry, but keep in mind you will be stopping at every hotel... I have not used Extreme Elegance but I will say that about 98% of the reviews on here DON'T recommend them... I don't think I would ever use them after hearing the majority of the stories here... try the cab or a shuttle!! Good luck!

From the airport to the Hilton (which is right up the road from the port) it was about $12 per person... so I would guess maybe $15 pp to the port? I'd go ahead and budget $20pp and you should be fine. Good luck!

Kywildcat,

I have already booked a trans. with Crescent City Limo, I also checked them out, with the bbb. also with the NLA (national limo association) they either had no marks (good for bbb) or high marks with nla. They where recommended by the nla which to be on their list is good. Not sure what else I could tell you. When I went to the n.l.a. web site they did give me a list of questions to ask ie: ck flight schedule, type of car (yr & make), do you share a ride, also will they have a sign with your name on it.

Thanks for the info. I am planning on reserving w/ them. Their price was reasonable and they have been very courteous about emails. A taxi might be a little cheaper but we are celebrating so I think the limo will be nicer.

p.s. Please post a review when you get back and let me know how it went.

Since I am arranging this for a group I really don't want to have any

major problems. Hope you have a great cruise!

I also got very nice emails. And you know I did check with taxi however, it seems this limo is cheaper in the long run. Also Carnivals transferes are 50 each person (round trip):eek: . It is me, dh, 2 sons and our daughter, for 250.00 I can get us a limo, and the difference was almost what the difference is from booking 1 cabin with 5 people vs 2 cabins with 3 in one and 2 in the other. Guess what we did, booked limo, booked room for 2 boys (teenagers they are loving it) inside cabin, and me and my dh and our daughter (12) are getting an outside cabin. We also got very lucky and our rooms are directly across from each other. Will updated here when I get back. Also there is a roll call out there also, our date is 03-26-2005!!!!!!!!!!;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...my review of Crescent City Limo...it was great. When we arrived in New Orleans, they where exactly where he said he would be with a sign. He was very nice, not very talkative, but that was ok. When we arrived back in New Orleans from our cruise, we went out side to wait, we had told them to be there around 10:30 (could have done earlier you are actually off the boat by 9:30) anyway, around 10:30 they still where not there, so I called to check status. Come to find out they did not have a strech limo (the one we booked)so they picked us up on a excursion....need I say that limo was so big...we felt so funny...but it was cool. Anyway the stretch limo they picked us up in from the airport was the white one, inside it kind of felt dirty like a cheap airfreshner in it. Over all I would use them again. We did not tip any more that what we where originally charged...it was great!

Thanks, Karol

Archived