Cigar Smoking on the Allure

This is just another case of I don't want the rules to apply to me. Here's the section from the smoking policy section on RCCL's website:

Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted within the Cigar lounge. (If no Cigar lounge exists on a particular ship, there will be a designated area for pipe and cigar smoking

Why do people think the rules should not apply to them? What about the rest of us who only take one vacation a year and don't want to be bothered with cigar smoke?

Are the cigar smokers related to the chair hogs?

This is just another case of I don't want the rules to apply to me. Here's the section from the smoking policy section on RCCL's website:

Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted within the Cigar lounge. (If no Cigar lounge exists on a particular ship, there will be a designated area for pipe and cigar smoking

Why do people think the rules should not apply to them? What about the rest of us who only take one vacation a year and don't want to be bothered with cigar smoke?

Are the cigar smokers related to the chair hogs?

DZ9, my wife's cigar smoke offends me, also! I assume from your 'rules don't apply' reference you're talking about balcony smoking which I have seen debated and interpreted differently in other threads.

My DW interprets this as you do; that there's to be a designated area for cigar smoking. Her concern is that, again by strict interpretation, this area is only available from 7:00 PM - 1:00 AM.

Hey cruisebunny.... just for your education most new cars do not emit tons of toxic gases. In fact in most urban areas the cars are actually cleaning up the air. The emission standards for new cars require the air to be cleaner than the ambient air. If you want to see tons of toxic emissions go to the rear of any RCCL ship. You can see of the black particulate emissions on the deck. I suspect that the gas emissions are also huge. If you are truely concerned about the environment maybe you should be talking to RCCL

Hey Mickey.. Here's some guidance for a happy marriage. Your wife is correct. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Response from RCI Customer Service:

Thank you for your email.

The Allure of the Seas offers cigar smoking at the outdoor bar on deck 17, forward on the ship. During the day, this area is reserved for our Suite Guests, beginning at 11:00 am. Non-suite guests can access the area during the day, only for the time they are smoking their cigar. The outdoor area opens every night from 7:00 pm to 1:00 am for all guests and cigars and beverages can be purchased at that time.

Okay so adding fuel to the fire, because I just don't get it :confused:

Why it is okay to smoke cigarettes on a balcony but not cigars or pipes? The people in the cabin next to us on Oasis were always smoking cigarettes, which I understand is "okay". But why can my husband sit and enjoy a cigar on his balcony without "breaking the rules". What makes the two different???? I actually think the smoke of cigarettes is much worse than the smell of a cigar, and I used to smoke.

We paid for a balcony (actually 2) just like everyone else and on our upcoming Allure even paid for a suite, so why cant he enjoy the balcony he paid for with his cigar?

Don't get me wrong, he definitely made friends up in the cigar area with the bar tenders and staff, but if he wants to have a cigar in the peace of his balcony why is this so taboo?

I am just trying to understand why the double standard?

Archived