bring own beach towels?

swannie

My reason for taking a personal beach towel is for my safety. I travel off the boat solo. I try to blend in with the locals by not sporting a "logo" towel. I have been passed over by the beach vendors and we all know that is a real perk. I don't mind cleaning the towel and I use the towel as extra padding around delicate items in the luggage. Happy cruising everyone!!

Well my balcony on ship has been covered with sand when I shook out my beach towels-I am sure the steward was not too happy-but no I have never brought sand home in my suitcase from my towels. Once I did not get it all the sand of a pair of sandels I had worn. I simply vacuumed out the suitcase. No big deal. Perhaps you need a better vacuum?

However, everyone has to make their own decision(weigh the pros and cons) as to whether they want to bring towels from home or not. I just see no reason for posting in a superior tone and nixing those who say they do-you can do what you want, and others can do what they want.

You accuse me of a superior tone and suggest I need a better vacuum?? They ask for opinons. Mine is that there's the sand issue. Even if I brought my own, I wouldn't leave a mess of sand for the room steward to clean up.

:confused:Try shaking your beach towels prior to getting back on the ship.:eek:

I do shake them out beofre getting on ship-I also tip the steward extra and pick up after myself (all dirty clothes go in the bag I bring in the closet out of the steward's way)so he/she does not have too much to do-just basic cleaning and vacuuming.

But as far as a little sand on the balcony-one cruise we had cigarette butts kept showing up on our balcony -and we do not smoke-(we were one deck below the lido)so yes the steward has to vacuum the balcony. I am sure he /she does that daily.

True, but if you lose it as I stated above, you buy it-I know from experience.

I do not blame the lines for this policy. I am sure they did this because too many were taking them home as "free" souvenirs.

I'm confussed as to how anyone would know you lost a towel. I've never had to "sign out" a towel or otherwise account for the fact that I was taking it off the ship. I simply walk off the ship with a towel and put it in the large bin for used towels upon my return to the ship.

Nobody really knew I took it off in the first place and nobody really knew if I returned it or not.

Granted, compared to many on the board I'm somewhat of an unexperiencecd cruiser (2 down and the third booked), but it seemed to be the normal practice off all the passengers to come and go with towels as they please.

I'm confussed as to how anyone would know you lost a towel. I've never had to "sign out" a towel or otherwise account for the fact that I was taking it off the ship. I simply walk off the ship with a towel and put it in the large bin for used towels upon my return to the ship.

Nobody really knew I took it off in the first place and nobody really knew if I returned it or not.

Granted, compared to many on the board I'm somewhat of an unexperienced cruiser (2 down and the third booked), but it seemed to be the normal practice off all the passengers to come and go with towels as they please.

You do not sign in-the steward knows if they are not in your room-he/she is the one that puts them in your room. So you will find the towel billed on your credit card-after you return home, if they are not in your room after you leave.

Now if you pick them up as you leave that is different. How many cruiselines offer this? In 17 cruises I have never noticed this and I have cruised 7 lines. It would be nice if all lines offered this.

Maybe they could come up with something made from recycled disposable paper? something on the line of what the doctor's office has that you wear for examinations?

Archived