FLL Hotel help for a group of 7 or 8???

Soon2bMrs

Hi,
I'm getting married while at port in St. Thomas. We are taking a Celebrity Century Cruise in October from FLL.
I've seen the posts about the hotels that you can get on Hotwire or Priceline, but can you book for a group?
I've called the Embassy Suites, Hyatt and Marriott and they want way too much $$$ for a one night stay. I got the Embassy down to $129 for a group of 10 ( I don't think that I have that many... many are going to double up for a night). I have seen posts for as low as $60?
Can I do a group booking? Has anyone tried this? What can I do to get a nice room for me and my guests that won't cost an arm and a leg.
Please help!
Kathy [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You will want to be sure of the # of rooms you want because Priceline is NOT refundable. You also won't know what hotel you have received until your bid is accepted, so if you are opposed to any particular hotel keep that in mind.
For our son's wedding on board, our travel agent found a better group rate than I could on rooms precruise. You might have them try.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Gayla

We can hardly wait
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;6;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]
<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

Right now you could get the Embassy Suites in October for $117 + tax through Hotwire. At least with Hotwire you can tell which hotel you will get by the icons. If you go to Hotwire, Embassy Suites is downtown, 3 1/2 stars. First icon is "S". You would have to bid twice, since 4 is the limit of rooms per bid. As others have stated, the room would be non-refundable.

Another option...which I would seriously consider would be to bid **** beach zone on Priceline. Many people have been getting the Hyatt Pier 66 for $80. Beautiful hotel!!

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02
Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03
Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03
Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03
Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04
Caribbean Princess ~ 8/14/04
Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

We Stayed at Springhill Suites prior to our last cruise. There were 12 of us; 4 per room. The offered a free shuttle from the airport, another to the cruise terminal, and continental breakfast. Had a small pool, microwaves in room, clean and relatively new. Approximately 84.00/room. Hope this helps. Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...
I know you probably need to plan ahead with a group for your wedding, but those prices seem rather high for that time of year. We stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Marina (which is a lovely hotel right across the street from the port with free shuttle service to the port) for $99/night and that included free breakfast buffet for 2 (which normally costs $12.95 pp). We stayed there the last week of September. My sister stayed there the same night and got a government rate of $69/night. Maybe you just need to wait until you get closer to the date.

[email="caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net"]caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net[/email]

Archived