Where would you like the Carnival Breeze's home port to be?

John&John

Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?

• Fort Lauderdale
    • Miami
    • Galveston
    • Los Angeles
    • Port Canaveral
    • other

I understand your wanting it, but there are way to many favotrs to add a ship to the west coast. Issues in Mexico, very soft economy and not a lot of choices of ports. My guess is you will be lucky to stay where you are now in terms of ships.

I agree...not a lot of warm places to go IF something happens in Mexico....

IMHO (and it is just my opinion) the swine flu incident gave a hint to the lack of tolerance of California based cruisers when something out of Carnival's control goes wrong.

And while cruisers were overwhelmingly supportive of the Splendor fire, Carnival's compensation really knocked that one of the park...and companies just can't afford that kind of compensation for smaller issues.

I think it was a wake up call......

• 1 month later...

I hoping for New Orleans since it was originally voted for Carnival Magic. If Carnival does choose New Orleans, I'm also hoping that Brittany Brees (wife of New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees, get it? Breeze-Brees!) would be her Godmother!

She isn't really a cold weather ship. The Dream class ships have no retractable roofs over any of the pools

Neither do the NCl or RCI ships that sail from the NY area year round and they sail full or nearly full all winter long. Even in January and February the only days it's really too cool to be outside are the first and last sea days.

From the cruise lines' perspective, they know they can get more money for cruises from NY because there aren't enough ships for the demand for cold weather cruises. As a passenger, you don't have to worry about price drops because the prices never come down. The earlier you book the better your price.

I'm hoping for Miami or Ft Lauderdale. RCI has Oasis and Allure in Ft Lauderdale. NCL has Epic in Miami. Celebrity has Solstice, Eclipse, and the future Reflection and Silhouette in Miami and Ft Lauderdale. Carnival's newest and biggest in South Florida is Freedom, which is 4 years old and a Conquest class ship. Carnival needs something more exciting to compete with the new ships with lots of bells and whistles the other lines have. South FL is a huge cruise market. I prefer it over all others since you have the best chance of good weather year-round.

I don't think it will be NOLA with the Magic homeported in Galveston - why should the Gulf get both ships? As for NYC, the Dream had issues docking due to her size, so NYC would have to build a bigger pier, which is entirely feasible. However, cruising out of NYC Nov-March (at least) would stink. I want a warm weather vacation ALL 7 or 8 days of my vacation. I don't want to freeze the first and last day.

I was actually thinking of which port actually has room for the Breeze without the port itself being overloaded.

I see CCL shuffling ships again when the Breeze enters the US in Fall 2012(assuming it does some Europe cruises first).

Have the Breeze homeported in Fort Lauderdale and take over the Freedom's 6 & 8 day itinerary. It's been some time since southern Florida has seen a new Carnival ship. Move the Freedom to San Juan and have it do some new southern itineraries(some various 9 day cruises, too). The Victory moves to Miami and takes over the Glory's itinerary and the Glory stays in NY year round.

FALL 2012

Galveston: Magic(7 days), Triumph(4/5)

New Orleans: Conquest(7), Elation(4/5)

Tampa: Legend(7), Paradise(4/5)

Miami: Valor(7), Liberty(7), Victory(7), Destiny(4/5), Imagination(3/4)

Fort Lauderdale: Breeze(6/8), Miracle(8)

San Juan: Freedom(7/9)

Port Canaveral: Dream(7), Ecstasy(4/5), Sensation(3/4)

Jacksonville: Fascination(4/5/7)

Charleston: Fantasy(5/6/7)

Baltimore: Pride(7)

New York: Glory(various)

Los Angeles: Splendor(7), Inspiration(3/4)

Sydney: Spirit(various)

I think this is a great proposal that makes a lot of sense.

Just trying to "share the love"! :)

She heads back to Europe in April or early May (not exactly sure), then returns in the fall. After the return, it looks like it will be an eastern route EACH week.

Tom

I absolutely loved my Epic cruise last week. My TA is out of the country right now, but when she gets back, I'm booking the NYE Epic sailing! Of course, that's too long to go between cruises, so I'll probably fit a CCL cruise in there, too :) Epic heads to Europe on May 7. I only did one cruise last year and went to Vegas twice. I spent almost as much in 4 days in Vegas as I do on a 7 day cruise. I have to go to Vegas for 8 days in July for work (ugh), so I'm sticking to cruising this year.

Archived