Gem 9th floor deck plan question

youngestof9

Debating our 15th anniversary aboard the Gem (yay!). The balcony for an OV promo sucked me in. Let's hope my MIL takes the "but you love our kids so you'll watch them for a week" bait ;)

So looking at cabin 9138, what is the big open space across from it? Is it an open space (atrium??) or is it just space that's unavailable to the public?

HELP! :)

Thanks.

Debating our 15th anniversary aboard the Gem (yay!). The balcony for an OV promo sucked me in. Let's hope my MIL takes the "but you love our kids so you'll watch them for a week" bait ;)

So looking at cabin 9138, what is the big open space across from it? Is it an open space (atrium??) or is it just space that's unavailable to the public?

HELP! :)

Thanks.

More than likely it is a service area for the room stewards.

I would be more concerned with what is above and below your cabin. You can do this by checking deck plans at ncl.com

I often open multiple windows so I can compare them side by side.

Did not look at your situation, but if the same space is on all the decks, it could be the smokestacks. Just a wild guess.

We passed by this area on the Jewel class ships (we're not on the Gem but its sibling, the Jewel) as we had several balcony cabin 959x and 907x's recently as well as obstructed OV cabin 809x pretty much directly below what you're looking at - it's service and access area for crew quarters only, including elevators and stairs, and smokestack for the gallery all the way down to 6 and lower (and probably the engine room). :D

Not to worry, you will not be hearing any noises or doors getting slammed inside your "stateroom" - I would be more troubled by unsupervised children running loose and/or noisey adults "buzzing" coming back from the bars & lounges and passing thru your area. :rolleyes:

As others said, looking at the deck layout directly above you & to much lesseer degree, below you - it's all staterooms and your choice should experience little if any loud distractions. ;)

Archived