Special Military Programme for Serving and Retired Military

Knitting Queen

Hi there,

Can anybody tell me if P&O Cruises are also included in this Special Military Programme for serving and retired military personnel from the UK H.M Forces which Princess Cruises are offering to their passengers,

I would appreciate any information that anybody has regarding this matter as in 5 weeks time I am going on the final cruise of the Artemis to the Meditteranean.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Knitting Queen

The only cruise lines that I have used who offer this discount is RCI and Celebrity but unfortunately they do not extend this discount to HM Forces. I had quite a bit of corespondence with the companies a few years ago. I got some cock and bull story about how they couldn't check if the military details were correct etc for UK personnel. I did point out that every person who had served has discharge papers showing details of service and if people were still serving this can be easily checked. The reply I got was they were looking into it.

As far as I know P&O don't offer any Military discounts

I phoned P&O Cruises this morning and they confirmed that they do not run this promotion at the moment - it is just Princess Cruises and Cunard that give this onboard credit to ex military - well never mind it was worth a try!!!

I phoned P&O Cruises this morning and they confirmed that they do not run this promotion at the moment - it is just Princess Cruises and Cunard that give this onboard credit to ex military - well never mind it was worth a try!!!

I expect it only applies to US and Canadian forces

if you are interested, there is a long discussion about how this applies to Cunard on the Cunard board http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1314622 - it ranges from the 'how dare they exclude non-US passengers', through 'it IS available to UK passengers' to the 'what documentation you need' & 'we've got confirmation'

In the US their forces are quite poorly paid but US standards.. their food in the DX( Base Supermarket) is subsidised by their Government ... so they get many discounts on items( cars furniture etc) its quite common but not so here..

Archived