Priceline Fort Lauderdale

vanclan

They do Hotwire differently now. You can't bid your own price now. Now when I bid for a 3* hotel in the downtown area they come up with a hotel for $329. (or that approx. amount)

crabbs.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;1;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Sun Princess

I think the Embassy Suite was $76 on Hotwire for our cruise dates. It's not as good as Priceline but still better than the hotel prices. But...if you really want to get that hotel, it might be worth a little more.

Car Destiny-W Caribbean-6/1/00

Sovereign - Bahamas - 6/15/01

Star Princess-Alaska-7/16/02

Navigator-E Caribbean-8/02/03

Mariner-W Caribbean-01/25/04

Caribbean Princess - 9/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !!!!!!

Kathi

Kathi_Whale001.gif

LOVE THE VOYAGER AND GRAND CLASS!!! BUT ANY SHIP WILL DO!!!

It was time for me to bid again today. I bid $70 for a 3 star downtown and got rejected. Then I bid $75 using Miramar to get a free bid and got the Mariott Marina. I wanted Embassy Suites but I know this is a great hotel with a great view of the ships.

crabbs.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;1;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on the Sun Princess

Two weeks ago I bid on Priceline $50 for a 3* for Ft. Lauderdale downtown and was rejected. I waited a week and bid $65. It came back that if I bid $82 I would get it. I did and I got the Renissance for the week of Thanksgiving (Sunday and Monday nights). I was hoping for the Embassy suites as my sister and her family are staying there. I hope someone on this thread can tell me something about the Renassance. Can you see the ships from that hotel? Is there better rooms than others? I called the hotel after the money was deducted from my account and requested a room with a view of the water. I was told by hotel personnel that I would have to be up high in the building is this so?

Please let me know what you know about this hotel.

Thanks

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OK everyone:

I'm going to try this priceline thing for our cruise late September. I would like something close to the beach, airport/cruise shuttle a +.

How far are these 3* hotels downtown from the beach?? Can we walk there?? Should we go for 4* and know it would be Pier 66, is that on the beach?? Or go for 3*, don't have to have anything fancy for just one night, clean, easy from airport and to cruise and on or easy access to the beach.

Tried the biddingfortravel.com, found it very confusing. But after usine PL once will probably understand the whole thing.

Thanks for the advice.

The downtown zone is one of the least expensive and often represents some of the best value in the area.

If you want the beach you may be better off selecting the Beach zone.

The Pier 66 is not directly on the beach, but is a stop for the water taxi (small fee) which will take you to the beach.

If you were confused by that site you should check out some of the other sites that may be easier to understand and help you bid better icon_wink.gif

-thereuare

<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>

I much prefer the site betterbidding.com. The folks there are friendly and don't mind answering all sorts of questions. Click on the "general Priceline Tips" and then on "I've never used Priceline or Hotwire" Look at some of the old posts as questions you have, others have likely had before you. And if you have a new question, don't be afraid to post it....as I said they are so helpful.

Archived