CPS Parking @ Southampton Questions.

kayelbee

I have a cruise booked with Princess from Southampton.

I need to arrange carparking at Southampton and am looking at CPS but I have some questions.

I understand you drive up and luggage is taken from you as is your car and keys. The car is then parked away from the port embarkation area and then parked for you in their port side car park on the day of your return, you collect your keys from them and drive away!

I have already booked hotel for the night before so do not need hotel/parking deal.

Where is your car parked while you are away, is the area secure, has anyone had any problems with their car/contents on return.

Your comments would be greatfully received.

I have a cruise booked with Princess from Southampton.

I need to arrange carparking at Southampton and am looking at CPS but I have some questions.

I understand you drive up and luggage is taken from you as is your car and keys. The car is then parked away from the port embarkation area and then parked for you in their port side car park on the day of your return, you collect your keys from them and drive away!

I have already booked hotel for the night before so do not need hotel/parking deal.

Where is your car parked while you are away, is the area secure, has anyone had any problems with their car/contents on return.

Your comments would be greatfully received.

We have used CPS a few times and found them to be very good. You are correct in your assumptions but I don't know where the car park is where they store the all the cars while you're on your cruise. I only know of the car park at the Ocean Terminal where you pick your car up from on disembarkation day which is just a few yards from the ship.

Thanks for your replies so far. My concern is about where the car is parked while you are away, I have heard horror stories (about other companies who offer airport parking, not CPS) about cars being left on public roads by companies who park you car away from where you drop it off with them. It would be good to know they have a compound somewhere.

Thanks for your replies so far. My concern is about where the car is parked while you are away, I have heard horror stories (about other companies who offer airport parking, not CPS) about cars being left on public roads by companies who park you car away from where you drop it off with them. It would be good to know they have a compound somewhere.

I know what you mean. Thats why you need to take milage how much fuel left and maybe a picture or two of the car. Five years age some long term car park hired out a few cars that were in their compound. They were caught only after one of the cars got into a accident, big investigation and low and behold taken to court fined and then staff dismissed. Also check you car insurance as you have knowingly given the keys over and that person is involved in accicdent who pays for repairs.Your insurance or theirs. And yes I know it never happens but just incase always check.

The CPS car parks are secure. Not sure about Ocean terminal but from Mayflower you can see the car park from the terminal.

There are many thousands of poepl who use their services each week, so I'm sure that if there was anything going on that was dodgy then we would have heard about it.

It is my belief, but not 100% sure, that CPS is owned/operated by the port it'self.

"There are many thousands of poeple who use their services each week, so I'm sure that if there was anything going on that was dodgy then we would have heard about it.

"

I agree with you I. But the car hire did happen near a London airport. But insurance people like taking your money but dont like paying out. The new word is Knowingly handed over the key.

I emailed CPS to see get an answer to my questions and to judge their customer services. I emailed them the following (edited):

'Where would my car be parked while I am away? I assume it would be a secure compound but would like to know the location of the compound

What insurance does CPS have to cover any damage to or theft from my car while it is in your care. For instance in the event of theft from my car I cannot say to my insurance company that my car was locked/secured when the theft occurred and many insurance companies would not pay out unless I can guarantee it was locked. I therefore hope CPS has insurance which covers this and other events.'

and got the following within a couple of hours:

Your vehicle is taken to our secure compound which is situated in the docks not far from the terminal. Our company has insurance to cover vehicles and drivers.

Sarah Moat

I am happy with the reply and the speed of getting back to me and along with the replies you have all posted on here I am very likely to use them.

Thanks for all your help.

I emailed a query to them about 2 months ago as when you go to book they don't seem to accept RC passengers. I asked whether it would be possible to book parking there if I am using RC. I am still awaiting a reply. I guess their CS is a bit hit and miss.

I emailed a query to them about 2 months ago as when you go to book they don't seem to accept RC passengers. I asked whether it would be possible to book parking there if I am using RC. I am still awaiting a reply. I guess their CS is a bit hit and miss.

you will find info here for RCI

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp

Archived